News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Aksys-4infinity-Teaser-Site.jpg

Aksys Games, the game studio known for many japanese games, among others arguably the most popular ones, Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors and Virtues Last Reward, has opened the teaser website 4infinity.co, which displays the numbers "0303". After digging further in the source code of the site, NeoGAF users discovered the following images:

teaser-1.jpg

teaser-2.jpg

This opens up speculation towards what next game is being teased. User have found out that the first image anagrams to:

"Meet my leader Phi no escape."

Some NeoGAF moderators who might know something seem to be hinting at Zero Escape 3. Either way the general consensus towards this is that it actually is a teaser for Zero Escape 3, a continuation of Zero Escape 2: Virtues Last Reward.

Now before people start screaming in joy, please recall that Kotaro Uchikoshi, the writer of the Zero Espace series, announced with a heavy heart via Twitter one year ago that Zero Escape 3 probably won't happen due to the lacking commercial success of the Zero Escape series in Japan. Since then, no announcements have been made regarding the future of the series.

arrow.gif
Source

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Could it be that the writer of the Zero Escape series is writing the story of another infinity game???
(I know it's highly unlikely but still, one can dream).

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's also possible ZE is actually an Infinity game. Wouldn't be a stretch, since Uchikoshi (I think) pretty much confirmed in his VLR interview that
It was Blickwinkel whom Akane was talking to at the end of VLR.

As much as I'd like this game to be ZE3, a lot of people seem to think it's either Yandere Hell, or a Punchline game, since Uchikoshi is the writer for that anime.

EDIT: Just noticed that the font for 999's new boxart seems like it would match those numbers as well.
999Reprint-220x.jpg

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really wish the internet would stop getting my hopes up about ZE3. Seriously, I'd take a cancellation of just about any game currently in development (including MGSV, either Fire Emblem game, even Star Fox U or Persona 5) if it meant getting an actual conclusion.

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It will certainly be a surprise if we get ZE3, even if it is a novel or manga series :) I wonder if the series is really all that popular in the states though and also how PSN+ works for game devs, since virtue's last reward was free on PSN way back.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd absolutely love for it to be ZE3, but I have no real hopes of it being so. I think a lot of people are just seeing what they want to see, regardless of reality.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I'd absolutely love for it to be ZE3, but I have no real hopes of it being so. I think a lot of people are just seeing what they want to see, regardless of reality.

You are not funny :cry:

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just an FYI, it now says 0302 on the teaser site. So it seems to be a countdown after all, and it's possible the reveal will be in just 2 more days. If not, maybe 9, assuming the counter goes back to 3 after hitting 0, and the 3 drops to 2. Also, one thing I just thought of is that what if this is a reveal for a port of 999? Wouldn't surprise me if they ported the iOS version to Android.

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Also, one thing I just thought of is that what if this is a reveal for a port of 999? Wouldn't surprise me if they ported the iOS version to Android.
They won't set up an own site to hype a mere Android port of an already available iOS game (which fyi is a cutted version of a DS game).

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't have to be Android though. What if it's a port for 3DS and/or Vita? I can actually see them porting the at least the DS version for Vita, just so that Vita will also have access to the first game..

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It doesn't have to be Android though. What if it's a port for 3DS and/or Vita? I can actually see them porting the at least the DS version for Vita, just so that Vita will also have access to the first game..
Nope, it won't be a port. Aksys isn't the developer, Spike Chunsoft is. And as mentioned, Zero Escape failed commercially in Japan, so why would Chunsoft waste time and money into a port?

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
What bug? I never heard about that.

Virtue's Last Reward PEC Room. Basically, if you save in the Pressure Exchange Room (during the escape sequence) there's a high chance you can say goodbye to your save file (if you're playing on a 3DS, the Vita version is unaffected).

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Virtue's Last Reward PEC Room. Basically, if you save in the Pressure Exchange Room (during the escape sequence) there's a high chance you can say goodbye to your save file (if you're playing on a 3DS, the Vita version is unaffected).

Oh that hurts. Is the bug patched now?

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nope, it won't be a port. Aksys isn't the developer, Spike Chunsoft is. And as mentioned, Zero Escape failed commercially in Japan, so why would Chunsoft waste time and money into a port?

Well, it's not like Aksys can't obtain permission or something from SC to develop their own game or port, seeing as ZE fares a lot better here in the West. I mean, just look at Contra 4 for example. Konami gave development of the game to WayForward, despite WayForward never touching the series before (as far as I'm aware at least). It's not to say this is ZE related, just throwing possibilities out there. It may even be possible that Uchikoshi somehow managed to change SC's mind about the ZE series and this is a simul-announcement.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They're made with left over pancake/wafle batter, that's been sitting out all day.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    3 hours on a riding lawn mower, my butt is numb and my whole body is still vibrating. Gonna be a long summer. :cry: I just need to buy some goats.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Did you leave your buttplug in?
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi
    +3
  • Flame @ Flame:
    Ancientboi at it again.
    +2
  • Flame @ Flame:
    is it a bird is it a plane... no its Ancientboi banging your ass away !
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Took along time to fit it in?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Snow days $25 on steam may grab it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Measuring sizes with AncientBoi, I see.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: