akaio and RTF files (ebooks generally)

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by grindbart, Jan 7, 2010.

Jan 7, 2010
  1. grindbart
    OP

Member grindbart GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    hello guys! is akaio able to read RTF files??can the textreder of akaio set bookmarks?? thanks in advance [​IMG]

2. GreatZimkogway

Member GreatZimkogway Touhou Fanatic

United States
    I'm not sure about the current version, but the 1.4 version had a very nice text reader. I know where to find an actual homebrew of it. Not sure if it can read RTF though, I'll check in a bit.

EDIT: No, AKAIO 1.5.1 cannot natively read RTF files.
    EDIT: No, the homebrew Textviewer, which is what, I think, AKAIO used, cannot view RTF.

My guess is that DSReader will be able to. Also, Textviewer can set bookmarks, not sure if AKAIO can.

EDIT 2: Yes, AKAIO can set bookmarks.

3. Retrievil

Member Retrievil GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Best solution for book reading I have found is to use DSLibris, and then use calibre (freeware) to convert whatever it is into the epub format DSlibris uses.

DS Reader doesn't do book style pages (holding the DS on it's side like in Brain Training)
    The other one, that does do txt files and book style, cuts off letters because the formattinig sucks.

4. GreatZimkogway

Member GreatZimkogway Touhou Fanatic

United States
    What, you mean what AKAIO uses? I've yet to see that problem. And I use it quite often.

5. grindbart
    OP

Member grindbart GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    dslibris is the messias,because all my books are also here as epub,you made my day!