AKAIO 1.5 and Themes

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Rascal, Sep 22, 2009.

Sep 22, 2009

AKAIO 1.5 and Themes by Rascal at 5:15 PM (3,108 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Rascal
    OP

Member Rascal GBAtemp Fan

United States
    1.5 looks great. Thanks a lot. I've noticed something that may be a bug, but before filing a full bug report on the AKAIO forums, I want to see if anybody else has the same issue.

I blew out my __aio folder (after I backed it up) and copied the new one from 1.5 to my uSD card. I then copied over all my themes into the new UI folder. When I go to select a theme in AKAIO 1.5, instead of showing the full names for the themes, I am getting old dos-style names. For example, instead of seeing "New Super Mario", it shows "NEWSUP~1". GlobalSettings.ini is also using the "NEWSUP~1" nomenclature.

Can I have a few people check out how this is behaving for them and reply back to this thread. If everyone is having this problem, then I'll file a bug report. If some are and some aren't, then we'll see if we can't figure out what's causing the problem for those that have it (like me).

2. italianmod

Newcomer italianmod Advanced Member

United States
    I got the same thing, but its fine. It doesn't cause any problems when using the skin.

3. Rascal
    OP

United States
    But it does make it difficult when you have a few themes with similar names.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but is this different from AKAIO 1.4? Did 1.4 show the theme/skin names a little better? Looking at my old GlobalSettings.ini would imply that 1.4 used the full theme names.

4. shaaynn

Member shaaynn GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    It is because the name is too long. If the name is, I believe under 8 letters then it is fine.

5. Rascal
    OP

United States
    All hail prince obvious [​IMG]

I know that it is truncating to old DOS style 8.3 naming convention because the folders are longer than 8 characters. My point was that AKAIO 1.4 didn't do this. I just downgraded and confirmed that AKAIO 1.4 showed the full folder name for the themes.

I'll go file a bug report on the AKAIO forums.

6. Pendor

Member Pendor GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    It's not a bug.

Get used to it.

7. TheDarkSeed

Member TheDarkSeed I'm a pretentious sack of shit

United States
    It's not too big of a problem for me. Looks like I'll just have to rename some of the folders, that's all. [​IMG]

If you want to see the full name of your UI folder by all means downgrade back to 1.4.1. I'll just stick with my plan. [​IMG]

8. Yuan

Member Yuan GBAtemp Maniac

Brazil
    I agree to this new themes naming, long names don't fit in the little box anyway.

9. Primenay13

Member Primenay13 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I pretty sure it has always been that way. If its under 8 characters then it shouldn't do that.

10. Rascal
    OP

United States
    As I stated in my OP, it wasn't always that way. It's changed since AKAIO 1.4.1. If this is how Normmatt intended it, then so be it, but it is a change in behavior from the previous version.