AK2i or DSi Failure?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by DJ91990, Jan 16, 2010.

Jan 16, 2010

AK2i or DSi Failure? by DJ91990 at 1:22 AM (1,358 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. DJ91990
    OP

Member DJ91990 Dark-Type Trainer

United States
    Okay, this problem happened a few days ago.

I turn on my DSi with the Acekard2i in it, as normal, and in the menu of the DSi it says that nothing is inserted into the DS Card slot when as clear as day I can see that the Acekard2i is securely inserted into the Nintendo DS card slot!

I know that I am running DSi FW 1.3U and it does not have the lockout.
    My Acekard2i is not overheating or anything.

I was just recently playing the 2nd Tingle game when suddenly I get greeted with an error screen in gameplay.
    The screens went black and on the bottom screen the error "The Game Card has been removed, please turn off the power and re-insert the game card" in japanese was shown. Once again, the Acekard2i has not been removed neither has the Micro SD been removed.

I did replace my DSi in the past, is this a problem with my DSi or Acekard2i!?
    I should try this with my Nintendo DS LITE and Nintedo DS to see if the same problem happens.
    I should also try NORMAL DS GAME CARTS with the system to see if it is the system.
    If it is the system then I'm going to need to replace it, AGAIN. It won't cost me anything though, I'll just take it back to my local Sams Club where I bought the damn thing in the first place and say that I have had this not for a year and it is not working...again.

Goes to show you that Microsoft isn't the ONLY gaming company that suffers from faulty hardware.

IN BREIF:
    THE PROBLEM: The Nintendo DSi thinks that the Acekard2i is not in the game card slot when it is.
    THE SOLUTION: ????

Please help.

Further Information:
    Game System: Nintendo DSi Blue Model.
    Region: United States of America (USA)
    DSi Firmware Version: 1.3(U)
    Acekard2i Running 1.5, 2GB Kingston MicroSD JUST FRESHLY FORMATTED WITH SD FORMATTER.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    UPDATE!!!!!!!!

I just tested this problem with Super Mario 64 DS, the original 1.0 U cart.
    The problem occurred for a split-second on an original cart.
    I am not going to return the system right away, I'll give it a month.
    If this problem happens enough times, I'll swap it out for another one.
    This just goes to show you, with each new generation, the technology becomes more fragile.

2. anaxs

Member anaxs got milk, got candy

Canada
    its definatly an ak2 issue if it doesnt work on other dsi's or ds lites
    u might have to start over and delete everything
    then format your msd and then put the newest firmware(akaio or official) and the newest loader and then get ur games...but do this if u want to, i dont recommend but if your ak stops working and you know that there is no hope then it doesnt hurt to try..
    ( you could backup your files if u dont want to lose them)

3. savior-of-twilig

Newcomer savior-of-twilig Member

United States
    Might be a connection problem. Try cleaning the connectors on the cartridge, or putting a piece of paper between the acekard and the inside of the dsi.

4. macgeek417

Member macgeek417 妁眼のシャナ

United States
    I usualy insert and remove the cartrage a few times to clear out dirt. Paper trick?

5. anaxs

Member anaxs got milk, got candy

Canada
    try taping the card to make it thicker so the contacts touch

6. bach3609

Member bach3609 GBAtemp Fan

Vietnam
    From reading the whole thing it seems like its a DSI hardware problem, as you put in the edit. You should send it back to be repaired.