After I Hack it....

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Quietlyawesome94, Aug 19, 2011.

Aug 19, 2011

After I Hack it.... by Quietlyawesome94 at 1:11 AM (1,968 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. Quietlyawesome94
    OP

Member Quietlyawesome94 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    The reason being, I only have 1 SD card handy right now. The one that came with my 3DS. So as soon as I am done with the letterbomb exploit and installing the HB Channel, I want to put it back in my 3DS. So can I do everything I would want to do such as using Homebrew, Emulators, and USB Loaders with out a SD Card. And instead of using a SD Card for everything, use a USB Thumbdrive for Homebrew? Here is all my questions so you guys can answer them in order. [​IMG]

1. I only have the 2 GB SD card that came with my 3DS. Can I use that to install the Letterbomb exploit?

2. If yes, Can I return to using my SD card with my 3DS or do I need to initiate the Letterbomb expoit each time I turn my wii on?

3. Since I won't be using a SD card after using the exploit. Can Anything be used with USB a Stick? Homebrew, Emulators, Backups? No need for a sd card after the hack is installed?

4. Can I use any USB Thumb Drive? as long as its formatted to NTFS and it fits into the USB port? Becuase I have a ton of 8 and 16GB Sony USB Thumb Drives lying around.

2. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    To run applications from the Homebrew Channel off USB devices, they have to be FAT16/FAT32. NTFS shouldn't work. If you had an SD card, the applications could be run off the SD card and the USB device that just stores backups, videos, etc. could be NTFS. However, if you are running applications off the USB drive, it has to be FAT16/FAT32.

3. Quietlyawesome94
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the quick response! So just run the letterbomb exploit and I can run all My 'Brew and Backups from a USB Stick as long as its formatted to FAT16/FAT32? sounds like I'll be good than! Thanks again! If anyone else has something to add you are more than welcome to [​IMG]

4. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    You are mostly correct. Run Letterbomb once in order to use the HackMii installer to install the Homebrew Channel on your Wii. Once you have the Homebrew Channel, you no longer need your SD card. However, in order to run backups, you need to use something like ModMii to install the proper cIOS files. Installing Priiloader is also recommended in order to block future updates. Again, just follow the ModMii Wizard.

5. JoostinOnline

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
    The NAND backup you make with BootMii will require an SD card, so if you ever need to restore that, you'll have to copy it back to your SD, as well as the bootmii folder and keys.bin.

Be aware that not all apps will run too well on a HDD, and no apps will run as fast as on an SD card. I personally recommend you pick up a 2GB Nintendo SD card for 10 bucks and keep it for your Wii.

6. Quietlyawesome94
    OP

United States
    Thanks, I already knew that I needed to run the Hackmii installer and obtain the correct cIOS files. I'm pretty sure that I need to get something to make a NAND backup in case something goes wrong. Its Priiloader or something else... Can't remember what its called... [​IMG]

EDIT: saw joostin's post, Thanks for that. I'll probably pick up one.

7. JoostinOnline

United States
    Take a look at my previous post.

8. mvgc3

Member mvgc3 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The only thing I can think of adding is that Bootmii requires an SD card. However, you should only need to run Bootmii once, and that's before you run any homebrew anyway, to make a NAND backup. So before you move your SD card back to your 3DS, go to the homebrew channel, press home (I'm pretty sure it's home) and start Bootmii, then make your backup! After that, you shouldn't need an SD card until you want to make a new backup.

Oops, I was a little late...

9. Quietlyawesome94
    OP

United States
    No problem man! Thanks for taking the time to respond anyway! I think im going to go format my SD card and get started!

10. JoostinOnline

United States
    Trust me, owning a hacked Wii is great. It's like you are living for the first time. Colors are crisper, food tastes better, the air seems cleaner, and more! [​IMG]

11. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    The weed seems smokier....

Yeah, I'm stoned. [​IMG]

12. Quietlyawesome94
    OP

United States
    Letterbomb was so easy its not even funny. I'm making a NAND Backup as we speak! [​IMG]

EDIT: I am assuming the NAND backup is complete after the rectangle is completly green?