Advice requested for newb

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by xboxrules, Oct 25, 2011.

Oct 25, 2011

Advice requested for newb by xboxrules at 3:22 PM (528 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. xboxrules
    OP

Member xboxrules GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I do not have an Xbox 360 at the moment, but I plan on buying before Christmas so I though a quick post here to get your guidance would help move me along. I've seen the xk3y talked about and looked at modchipcentral but don't know how active that community or support is..

My question to all you pro's is if your Xbox360 cratered/imploded today and you had to go buy a new one how would you go about hacking it?

Thanks for any input.

2. xboxrules
    OP

Member xboxrules GBAtemp Regular

United States
    hmm seems like this post from another thread actually answers my questions.. http://gbatemp.net/t...ost__p__3940821

But I'm open to other information too, like this Glitch hack thing I see mentioned

3. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Glitch hack is a homebrew hack. You need to get one of the various glitch chips (there are a few around now). Program it (each console revision has different programming for the chip). Fit it, dump your nand, flash a xell image to the console (after you have a good nand image). Get your cpu key, then build a hacked image based on your original nand and using your cpu key to encrypt it.

Bit more involved than other hacks, but if you can solder and follow instructions it's really not that hard. Hacked kernel gets you more than drive flash or emulators. With the glitch hack you get, homebrew (alternate dashboards etc), xbla games, dlc, games from hdd, region free and no worry about having to reburn discs when the ap2.5 challenges change, you can pretty much just ignore it as it's taken care of kernel side.

Not live safe, go online with a hacked kernel and you will get banned.

Other options are pretty much covered in that other topic, although if you buy a new console now and go the drive flash route, you'll probably get a 0225 or above drive (firmware revision), which if you want to write hacked firmware to, will more than likely require you to drill a hole into the main chip on the drive.

1 person likes this.