Hacking Advice on my current situation..

Extreme Coder

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
Hi,

To cut the chase, I have a broken DS that was sent to Old School Gamer for repair ( it should come in 2 weeks or so) I'm also (not sure though) getting another DS Lite soon.

Current flash equipment :

- 1 x NeoFlash 512 MB card (an XG2005 branded flashcard with onboard memory)
- 1 x Magic Key 1 ( its just an original passme)
- 1 x Magic Key 3 (see Neoflash site for info, it can run SOME roms on its own)
- 1 x SuperCard MiniSD
- 1 x DS-Xtreme 1 GB

I know the NeoFlash stuff is probably worth nothing, so we'll put that aside, there is a friend I can sell it to for a good price ($45-60).

Now, I want to know how well does the SuperCard MiniSD work? I don't know much about it since I never tried it. Can it run the latest ROMS without needing updates? And if it needs updates, how often is it updated? Did SuperCard team forget about it and move on like some other teams *cough*neoflash*cough* And does it run homebrew well?
There is a friend of mine with a EZ Flash IV, I can negotiate a trade of flash cards with him
wink.gif

And the DS-Xtreme, does it run latest ROMS easily? I know their support situation is pretty bad, and they rarely release updates, but does this mean the card is useless now? And is their support of homebrew bad?

If I have ONE DS, do I still need to get another flashcard to be able to play most games? or will any of my cards above do the job?

And if I get another DS, will I need to get another flashcard?

Thanks a lot!

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
IMO that's pretty old equipment. If you can sell them to your friend for $40-$60 why not do so and get a slot 1 solution? With that cash I recommend either a DSTT(win the cheer comp.
wink2.gif
) or get an R4.

That would be your best bet IMO.

Don't know about your other questions but the DSX has bad homebrew support, newer roms are having issues, and if I am not mistaken there has not been a firmware update in over 6 months. You pretty much have a very expensive paperweight.

Extreme Coder

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
IMO that's pretty old equipment. If you can sell them to your friend for $40-$60 why not do so and get a slot 1 solution? With that cash I recommend either a DSTT(win the cheer comp.Â
wink2.gif
) or get an R4.

That would be your best bet IMO.

Don't know about your other questions but the DSX has bad homebrew support, newer roms are having issues, and if I am not mistaken there has not been a firmware update in over 6 months. You pretty much have a very expensive paperweight.
That's old because I haven't played with my DS in more than 6 months.

Well, I am lucky that the only card of these on the list that I paid for, was the SC MiniSD. The rest were received as test/review samples
tongue.gif

Also, note that I'm trying to minimize spendings as much as possible, so that I can also have some money to help with the funds of getting a Wii
wink.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't say 100% compatibility (games like Portrait of Ruin require very fast microSD cards for instance) but the SC miniSD still has a very high compatibility, and the SC team certainly hasn't abandoned it. In fact, a few days ago a new patcher was released to fix compatibility with a specific game, while a few weeks ago they released a new firmware with auto-DLDI patching. If you can boot the Supercard into DS mode, I'd recommend giving it a try.

As for homebrew compatibility, the Supercard is also very good because it can run older homebrew that relies on the existence of a GBA-like filesystem, which slot-1 cards cannot run.

But yeah, give it a try. Update the firmware and install the latest patcher and try a few things. I've used mine for a year now and haven't felt out-dated, even if I am missing out on a few things like RTS. I can still do DS cheats, slow-motion, auto-DLDI patching, soft reset, and more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gonna love it when the next update blocks them