OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

I think there is a possibility
wink.gif
that I might be getting a NDS Lite for my birthday this year. I am a total novice to the whole thing.

I am reading through the guides and as much information as possible but its so much to take in when you dont know much about the background of the whole scene etc.

Basically I would like to know what would be the best equipment for me to purchase, bearing in mind the following:

1.) I mainly want to play NDS games, I am not bothered by GBA games so a high NDS compatibility it prefered.

2.) I would ideally like to store lots of games on as SD card, would not really like to keep connecting to my pc if I want to play a different game.

3.) Would like the ability to play other formats such as movie files and mp3.

4.) The idea of browsing the web appeals, but I understand that it is patchy at best.

5.) I dont mind if the equipment sticks out from the dslite a little bit.

6.) The cheaper the better - I am working on a budget!

So what is hte best equipment for me?

Think that is all my questions for the moment, I am sure I will have more in the future though.

Thanks for your help

masvill20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm...from your guidelines, I would suggest the Supercard Rumble Series or the eWin 2 series. The SC Rumble Lite is cheap, doesn't stick out (at least), and has a very high NDS game compatibility. The eWin2, iI've never tried, but from reviews, it seems like a sound choice for a non-GBA NDS flashcart. The only quirk I have with the SC series is the creator, romman, usually releases updates later than other flashcarts. But then again, he does a good job of making cheap, but efficient hardware. I think the only games that don't work for the SC Lite are Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam (then again, no flashcart makes it work besides a modded GBAMP), the Nintendo DS browser (for obvious reasons), and Danny Phantom (it worked in a previous update, now it doesn't...). The eWin2 has the same, except it can run Danny Phantom.

EDIT: The eWin2 can support FAT32 file systems, so games would run faster. SC can't, but still...I think these are the best options for you.

carloandreacchio

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
In addition to a flashcart, you will need a passcard which sits in your NDS slot. This little piece of hardware tells the DS to play NDS games off the GBA, something which normally it isnt programmed to do.

macismonchen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
My advice: Supercard lite or (more expansive, but maybe better support) M3 lite.

If you like to play the old (lucas-arts) adventures, i would also care about the compatibility with Scumm (which is better with the M3 lite at the moment)

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So you want a cheap solution for only DS games? I'd say Supercard Lite Rumble or Supercard SD. Both are very cheap.

Would also like to play movie files and mp3. Do these allow that?

Yes, you can do that with Moonshell which works on nearly all devices (M3, SC, EZ4, G6...). As carlo said you need a Passcard or a Superkey or a EZ-Pass3 (all basically the same), which looks like a DS game. So no need to have a original DS game in your DS.

MickeyFinn6999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Yes, you can do that with Moonshell which works on nearly all devices (M3, SC, EZ4, G6...). As carlo said you need a Passcard or a Superkey or a EZ-Pass3 (all basically the same), which looks like a DS game. So no need to have a original DS game in your DS.

Thanks guys, this is proving to be extremely useful for me.

Think I am going to look at getting the Super Card Lite Rumble with a Superkey.

So that is all i should need? Obviously except the Micro SD card? Is there any limit to the size of card I can use?

NotAgOat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They just announced the MicroNinja, I'd wait for that. Theres of course the DS-X but you said you didnt want to connect to PC all the time. There is a DS FTP homebrew app, mabey it will let you upload games faster like that. Maybe it could be used on the DS-X.

EDIT:
Theres a WifiTransfer app that lets you do that.

MickeyFinn6999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm...from your guidelines, I would suggest the Supercard Rumble Series or the eWin 2 series. The SC Rumble Lite is cheap, doesn't stick out (at least), and has a very high NDS game compatibility. The eWin2, iI've never tried, but from reviews, it seems like a sound choice for a non-GBA NDS flashcart. The only quirk I have with the SC series is the creator, romman, usually releases updates later than other flashcarts. But then again, he does a good job of making cheap, but efficient hardware. I think the only games that don't work for the SC Lite are Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam (then again, no flashcart makes it work besides a modded GBAMP), the Nintendo DS browser (for obvious reasons), and Danny Phantom (it worked in a previous update, now it doesn't...). The eWin2 has the same, except it can run Danny Phantom.

EDIT: The eWin2 can support FAT32 file systems, so games would run faster. SC can't, but still...I think these are the best options for you.

Just out of interest, is it possible to switch of the rumble part of the supercard rumble off?

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hmm...from your guidelines, I would suggest the Supercard Rumble Series or the eWin 2 series. The SC Rumble Lite is cheap, doesn't stick out (at least), and has a very high NDS game compatibility.  The eWin2, iI've never tried, but from reviews, it seems like a sound choice for a non-GBA NDS flashcart. The only quirk I have with the SC series is the creator, romman, usually releases updates later than other flashcarts. But then again, he does a good job of making cheap, but efficient hardware. I think the only games that don't work for the SC Lite are Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam (then again, no flashcart makes it work besides a modded GBAMP), the Nintendo DS browser (for obvious reasons), and Danny Phantom (it worked in a previous update, now it doesn't...). The eWin2 has the same, except it can run Danny Phantom.

Just out of interest, is it possible to switch of the rumble part of the supercard rumble off?

Yes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: Oh @RedColoredStars yeah thats sad :sad: i feel it.