Adjusting/Calibrating sensitivity of Wiimote pointer?

ole

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi.

I have an Wii U and a big TV which I sit close to.
I find the pointer does not corrospond with where one poinst. (I assume the Wii was originally designed for smaller TVs)

So it feels very unatural and very sensitivly to point the wiimote.

Is there any way to adjust it with some custom homebrew?

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, go to stock Wii settings > sensor bar > sensitivity

If you can't find a configuration you're happy with from that, the only other possibility I'm aware of is that people experimented with modified sensor bars - wider or narrower. Recall that the pointing part of Wii is *entirely* the camera in the remote detecting the two concentrations of IR light emitting from either side of the sensor bar. So if those two concentrations appear relatively far apart, the Wiimote thinks it's relatively closer to the screen - and relatively more yaw/pitch of the Wiimote is needed to move the pointer a given distance.

ole

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
First of all, go to stock Wii settings > sensor bar > sensitivity

If you can't find a configuration you're happy with from that, the only other possibility I'm aware of is that people experimented with modified sensor bars - wider or narrower. Recall that the pointing part of Wii is *entirely* the camera in the remote detecting the two concentrations of IR light emitting from either side of the sensor bar. So if those two concentrations appear relatively far apart, the Wiimote thinks it's relatively closer to the screen - and relatively more yaw/pitch of the Wiimote is needed to move the pointer a given distance.

Hi.

Sensitivity from that menu is only in regards to exposure of the Wii remote camera.

Tried experimenting with different width of the sensor bar(using two candles) but that didn’t change where the pointer was showing on screen in regards to that

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I have an Wii U and a big TV which I sit close to.
I find the pointer does not corrospond with where one poinst. (I assume the Wii was originally designed for smaller TVs)

So it feels very unatural and very sensitivly to point the wiimote.

Is there any way to adjust it with some custom homebrew?
Use the Gamepad 'sensor bar' IR LEDs - these are closer together than the regular sensor bar, so should be easier for your Wiimote's camera to keep both spots in view.

Or sit closer from the screen - not only is the Wii from an era with smaller TVs, but one of the key features was being able to wave your arms around to play games so they don't expect you to be pressed up against the TV but have some elbow room.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: