Dark_anth

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3.2u wii with a backup copy of animal crossing city folk. I seem to get a little board with the usual "fun" gameplay but I want more.... So i did some googling and came up with ACToolkit. it edits your savefile to hack your map and so on. I backed up my animal crossing save file and as always, it is a .bin format. the program asks for a .dat file extension . what do I do? do I need to convert something or am I using the wrong file. please help!!! thanks.

Dark_anth

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arm the Homeless said:
You can use Segher's Tools on Linux.
What the hell are you talking about? geex im unfortunatly on windows
sleep.gif
i can open the program but it askes for a file i dont have. lol

jebscc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is possible in windows. You have to download SaveGame-Extractor-and-Installer developer http://wii.waninkoko.info/

http://www.qj.net/SaveGame-Extractor-and-I...g/49/aid/119685

By getting this software you can extract the .bin file on the wii to an sd card. From there you can place the sd card in the computer and have ACToolkit read the dat file. The extract will be located in the WIISAVE folder on the sd card.

You have to get both downloads. One is to extract the save file to sd and the installer to copy the save file back to the wii. This process does not copy the bin file to the sd card. It only extracts the files in the bin file to sd card.

I hope this helps.

Dark_anth

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jebscc said:
It is possible in windows. You have to download SaveGame-Extractor-and-Installer developer http://wii.waninkoko.info/

http://www.qj.net/SaveGame-Extractor-and-I...g/49/aid/119685

By getting this software you can extract the .bin file on the wii to an sd card. From there you can place the sd card in the computer and have ACToolkit read the dat file. The extract will be located in the WIISAVE folder on the sd card.

You have to get both downloads. One is to extract the save file to sd and the installer to copy the save file back to the wii. This process does not copy the bin file to the sd card. It only extracts the files in the bin file to sd card.

I hope this helps.

OH MY GOD!!! i have the .bin save file. im asking how the hell do i get a .dat file? geeez for everyone: what is segers tools have anything to do with it?

jakeruston

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
And he just told you, there is no point in moaning about it.

He just said, install Wanikoko's Save Game Extractor and then use it with the Animal Crossing disk inserted, and then you can backup your game save (But it will be EXTRACTED so it won't be .bin) and you should see a few files on your SD card afterwards. One of them (Approx 4MB in size I believe) is the .dat file you want to use. Then when you've editted, you'll need Wanikoko's Save Game Installer to install the save file back into it so it can be used.

I hope it helps.

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is 3 possible ways:

1. Use Save Game Extractor with a original Animal Crossing disk
2. Use Save Game Extractor with a backup Animal Crossing DVD with modchip
3. Decrypt data.bin with Segher's Tools on Linux

Pick your choice.

ekolimits

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok im also trying to get the .dat file onto my sd card... i want to edit my town because the stupid ppl in my town voted to putthe damn bridge in the dumbest part!!! lol
im using gamma loader and a scrubbed/brickblocked iso...
3.2U and starfall... and all the good stuff.... but i cant use waninkoko's savegame extract... because it wont work with a backup... is there any other way to do this with a backup... like install dvdx? maybe?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-