Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
hey guys ... its all about searching these days
rolleyes.gif

Theres way too many RPG games on the DS nowadays. Still I havent found what I was looking for, yet, propalby your help is needed again.
Im on search for games like Titan Quest and/or Diablo means, hack n slay, collection rare items. All in Real Time, so no turn based gaming wanted. Further Im not a big fan of the anime style, which will make a finding quite hard here, still if you got a nice hack n slayer in Anime style, you'd just tell me that, the gameplay might override the comic style for me!
Thanks in advance
gbasp.gif

Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No offense Rockstar, but many you mentioned don't fit at all.

From the top of my head:

- Soma Bringer (also mentioned by Rockstar)
- From the Abyss

Soma Bringer will be the best you'll find, sadly. Not that the game is bad, but there just aren't many action-roguelikes on the DS. From the Abyss is ok but nothing special. Both can be played multiplayer, but From the Abyss only environments you've already been in.

There are lots more turn-based roguelikes (Izuna 1/2, Shiren the Wanderer, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon etc.)

Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's your post and not even my topic, so you can do what you want
tongue.gif

Essentially you named these 4 games that might fit

Final Fantasy CC (maybe)
Phantasy Star 0 (sure why not)
Soma bringer (perfect)
Cross Treasures (don't know)

The others don't really match what the OP asked for (e.g. item collecting). Thanks for pointing me to Cross Treasures though, I must have a look at that.
@Ravager90: There's a near perfect translation for Soma Bringer, and there seems to be one for Cross Treasures, too.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
When mentioning Diablo I assume you're looking for dungeon crawlers/hack'n'slash games and I can't help but to think of the below:

Dungeon Explorer

It's a very enjoyable game and one of the best dungeon crawlers I've played on the DS. The multiplayer part of it is also rather interesting if you have a friend to play it with.

Ravager90

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
thank you guys, gonna go on hunt for videos now
biggrin.gif
there must be somes that might be able to catch me from the loads of games you mentioned
smile.gif

Cross Treasures and Some Bringer look perfect, though its still loads tings to do within the translation of Cross Treasures, Ill keep an eye on that one
smile.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I agree with
- From the Abbys
- Dungeon explorer (though, I didn't play it yet, just the 5 first minutes)

And maybe, but it's very short :
- Narnia 1
I liked it, some people didn't, guess you will have to make yourself an idea.
It's maybe missing the "equipment collection" idea too.

Rekirts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soma Bringer (Translatated of course) fits this description quite perfectly. Seriously, check it out before any others and you wont waste time. It fits what you're looking for on the spot.

Ravager90

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
Rekirts said:
Soma Bringer (Translatated of course) fits this description quite perfectly. Seriously, check it out before any others and you wont waste time. It fits what you're looking for on the spot.

this game is just amazaing. Really got caught by it ... Definatly love the story and the hack and slay part is well designed too. Also the class system is exactly what I was looking for, thanks for hiniting me on this jewel
bow.gif

freehand02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
how about children of mana....
oh and ragnarok ds too...

for in terms of graphics, I'll go for PS0
interms of story and long gameplay I'll go for soma bringer..

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Ragnarok DS - now there is a (U) release (plays perfectly on Ak2i - no patching). Plays like NWN or D2 in that you click to attack and it handles it all for you (actually more like NWN then). Long intro but worth it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BigOnYa How have you been