Action replay

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by jessicarabbit, Jan 28, 2009.

Jan 28, 2009

Action replay by jessicarabbit at 3:18 AM (1,035 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. jessicarabbit
    OP

Newcomer jessicarabbit Advanced Member

United States
    My son is asking for action replay-a friend of his apparently has it (long distance friend-they play over wifi). I have no idea what this thing is and I did some searches but haven't seen anything that really explains it. So anyway right now he (my son) has the R4 but eventually we'll be getting the Cyclo ds. Are both of these compatible with the action replay thing? thanks.

2. Sharpz

Member Sharpz GBAtemp Fan

United States
  3. ball2012003

ball2012003 Newbie

action replay is just a tool for cheats but dont worry about buying it since you already have a flash cart
    you can just put the cheats in your cyclo ds

4. leslieliang

Newcomer leslieliang Advanced Member

United States
  5. jessicarabbit
    OP

United States
    Thanks all! I will try to explain all that to my son. I did check wikipedia before but I didn't see anything about compatibility with flashcarts.

Since we have the R4 now and there seem to be some issues with the cheat codes and the R4 I'll probably have to break down and get the Cyclo ds pretty soon.

6. Narin

Former Staff Narin The Cheat Master, kupo!

United States
    You can use YSMenu on the R4 that fixes the cheats problem as well as give better game compatibility over the R4.

7. jessicarabbit
    OP

United States
    Ok can someone help me? I'm about to do this (backing up my son's card right now) but in all the threads I see instructions for each individual thing but I'm not sure which order to do it all. I have the following downloaded:

YSmenu
    R4 custom
    R4YSauto
    update (for the R4YSauto)
    cheat file (all.zip)

edit: I am now also downloading the cheat(UE).dat to use instead of the full file-unless I shouldn't.

just wanted to post that I got some help via PM and my son is happily cheating on his ds right now. LOL