ACNL not saving after hacking

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by kirbybirby, Jul 23, 2017.

1. kirbybirby
    OP

kirbybirby Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2017
    United States
    Sorry not sure if this is the right category but I just hacked my ACNL and have been editing my town with the save editor and that's all fine but when I actually play the game and then save quit and return to the game it's like I never saved. What's going on?

2. Boytoxic38

Boytoxic38 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2017
    Canada
    That's weird. From my side, all of the things that I have edited remained in my town, EXCEPT ONE THING : I have edited a Golden fence for one of my players houses (who didn't already gather the complete score of the HHA to have a golden fence). After saving in the editor, the golden fence appears in the house and remains during all of the day, however, the fence goes back to the previous model on the next day. This is the only problem that I have noticed until now, all of the other modifications remained.

What kind of editing did you make ?

3. kirbybirby
    OP

kirbybirby Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2017
    United States
    I figured out the problem. I was never exporting the file when I was done doing stuff in the game itself :wacko: but I still get an error message telling me to save any data in current software and then to restart the 3ds after I import the file after editing on the save editor. The message pops up after I leave the homebrew and go back to the 3DS main menu. not sure why