Acekard2i

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by rommy667, Mar 20, 2009.

Mar 20, 2009

Acekard2i by rommy667 at 2:48 AM (1,864 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. rommy667
    OP

Member rommy667 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Ireland
    Hi all,I just got a Acekard2i and have a jap dsi I got it working by installing akinko 1.4.1 propper and then the official firm as well.I should have left well alone as then I installed YSmenu which booted away first time,but now all I get no matter what firm is put on the card all that happens is the bottom screen shows jap txt & all you can see is OFF..the same acekard with any of the firms above works perfect on a ds lite,also my EZ-FLASH Vi works perfect on the dsi so im a bit stuck as to what the problem is did this happen to any one other than me?? thanks for reading..........

2. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    i know little of the dsi and ak2i. what i do know for certain is that there are features which can brick the dsi features of the ak2i. format your msd (use the panasonic formatter), put akaio on it, and try it on a normal dsl or dsphat and see if it still works. then try it again in the dsi. messing with ysmenu which is not coded to protect the features which can break the ak2i might have done it.

debug fully and post back.

-another world

3. DSiMotteru

Newcomer DSiMotteru Newbie

Japan
    I havent messed with the Y menu but sometimes I get that message on my Japanese DS. What has worked for me up until now is just turning it off and wiggling the sd card around a bit and putting it back in. Sounds like you might be in a little bit of a different position though.

4. rommy667
    OP

Ireland
    Thanks a lot for the replies i think you it the nail on the head another world i blame YS menu for my problems,ive use the panasonic formatter and its still the same well i guess im lucky i have a EZ as well its a bit strange "bricking" the dsi section only i dont think ill get any more acekards..........

5. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    The problem is that YSMenu isn't meant to be run on the AK2i -- it has nothing to do with the AK2i per se. The official menu and AKAIO both work with the AK2i. In other words, running software on the AK2i that hasn't been tested on the AK2i is asking for trouble.

Maybe Normmatt will respond in this thread. I know that earlier versions of AKAIO could brick the AK2i, so maybe he has some insight into whether it's possible to restore an AK2i that's been bricked in this manner. I believe it has something to do with the internal writable flash memory getting scrambled or something, so there may be a way to restore that memory (maybe there's a program similar to DsttFlashWriter for the DSTT that can restore the flash memory).

-Bri

6. DjoeN

Member DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Belgium
    YSMenu isn't meant to use with AK2i

Use Official kernel or latest AKAIO on your AK2i, never got a problem with that [​IMG]

7. CoconutCake

Member CoconutCake GBAtemp Regular

United States
    No offense, but what happened is your own fault to a large degree. You seem to have done no research on the AK2i before putting software on it. That's not smart. You can damage all sorts of computing devices if you use the wrong software or settings.

Regarding Acekards, my AK2 is the best flash card I ever owned when using AKAIO.

8. rommy667
    OP

Ireland
    Yep I agree it was indeed my own fault leason learned some day some smart person might come up with some sort of fix can you upgrade the kernal like you can on EZVi? if so their is some hope,at least it works on ds lite & hopefully this will stop the same thing happening to somebody who will be in the same situation i was,so all is not lost and yep AKAIO is awesome......

9. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    there were many discussions with team acekard about an unbricker, but it appears the act of doing so causes more problems. i sort of remember norm saying he tried to code one on his own and bricked the card completly.

i agree with what was said here. this is not the problem of the ak2i, please don't blame the product.

-another world