Acekard2i causing DSi not to function?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Sadfra, Feb 27, 2010.

Feb 27, 2010
  1. Sadfra
    OP

Newcomer Sadfra Newbie

United States
    Yesterday night, I went on ahead to turn on my recently purchased DSi and for some reason the screen would flash white for half a second and shut off automatically. I removed the flashcard from the system and the problem still occurred. Seeing as how the DSi didn't even reach the main warning screen I considered the system faulty, and immediately filed for a replacement at amazon.com.

Anyways, this morning I tried again... and amazingly the system is working fine now. The curious thing is that I had left the system without the flashcard on for the whole night, and when I placed the Acekard2i back in I experienced game freezes, which were quickly resolved by cleaning both the cartridge port on the DSi and the gold pins on the card.

Is it possible that what I experienced last night was caused by a defect on the card, the input pins, or even a series of bad events? Just wondering if this has occurred to anyone else? [​IMG]

2. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    Not to me I'm afraid

The only problem like this I've had with the acekard was on a DSLite & that was when switching on (with the AK in)

It would 'freeze' on the Nintendo 'health screen' & would take quite a few on/off switching until it eventually worked - sometimes even that wouldn't work but after leaving it switched off for a while (couple of hours or so) - then it would 'sort itself out' until the next time

This however I think is to do with the construction of the DSLite - apparently the contacts inside are slightly shorter than those in a DSPhat and DSi & the acekard contacts sometimes never make proper contact causing the freeze effect

Could be similar to what you've experienced

3. Sadfra
    OP

Newcomer Sadfra Newbie

United States
    I just really want to rule it as faulty system. The flashcard should have nothing to do with the DS's os, since it didn't even work without the cartridge on the slot.

I'm still continuing with the replacement, since I fear the same thing could happen later at a worse scale. Sadly, I will be returning (what seems to be) a perfectly working DSi, which is kind of wrong...