Hacking Acekard wont work

Blu3Monk3y

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Wait...if you're seeing the above icon, you've got a fake DSTT (or R4 or M3 Real or SCDS1 or some other flash cart that can run the DSTT firmware) with an Acekard sticker on it! I have never heard of another flash cart being sold as an Acekard 2.1!

If you can, return it to the store you bought it from -- the DSTT is a crappy flash cart compared to the Acekard 2.1.

If you don't want to or can't return it, you can try to download version 1.15 of the DSTT firmware here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=2872

Do NOT put version 1.16 (the newest version) of the firmware on it because it contains code that will destroy a fake DSTT. The only difference between 1.15 and 1.16 (aside from fake-killer code) is support for a single obscure Japanese game, so there is no point in risking destruction of your flash cart by installing 1.16.

If that doesn't work, try installing the firmware from one of the other flash carts listed above until you figure out what kind of flash cart you really have (or more precisely which flash cart yours is a clone of).

-Bri

Ok I downloaded the software in the link above and guess what it works on the card. The menu came up with TTDS logo. So I assume that means the cards are fakes.

Is there any point in keeping these an if so will they cause problems?

I am really peeeeved now. I have spent along time trying to figure this out and now it most certainly to late to have them changed in time for christmas as the majority of these are meant to be christmas presents.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You may have real or fake DSTT's but they are most assuredly not Acekards. Check this page to find out if they're real DSTT's: http://www.ndstt.com/anti_fake.html

Or you can open one up (they should be snapped shut, so if you pry one open carefully it should come apart) and post a picture of the insides here and I can try to determine if it's fake or not.

Either way, a DSTT isn't an Acekard. It's cheaper than an Acekard (the DSTT is about $7 at dealextreme.com -- I'm guessing you paid a lot more for yours) and the Acekard is a far superior flash cart (the DSTT doesn't sort ROM's alphabetically, doesn't support folders, doesn't load GBA games to a slot 2 expansion cart directly from the menu, can't change skins from within the menu, etc). I'd certainly contact whoever you bought them from and get at least part of your money back (whatever you paid for them minus the price of a DSTT which is about $7 from dealextreme.com).

If they're real DSTT's, you might consider keeping them (assuming you can get a partial refund). If they're fake consider returning them since you can't run the latest firmware on them without destroying them (and at some point newer games that come out may not work with the older firmware).

-Bri

Blu3Monk3y

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
If they're real DSTT's, you might consider keeping them

Firstly thanks to you and everyone else for your help Bri and happy Christmas to you all to.

Is there anyway to tell without opening one of these cards if they are the proper DSTT's ! I really dont want to damage any because I want to send them back.

The PCB is green. with the letters "ASDTFD2" printed on the PCB where the golden pins are.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You should be able to open yours fairly easily since the plastic shell should snap together (unlike some of the older ones that are glued shut).

That said, sometimes you can tell without opening them by looking at the microSD holder (the metal piece that holds the microSD card). If it's flat with scalloped edges, it may be fake. If it's curved without the scalloped edges, it's probably real:

HowToTell.jpg

Note: You're looking at the shape hilighted by the red lines drawn near the microSD slots in the images. There are many variations of both real and fake DSTT's so yours probably won't look exactly like either of these, but as far as I know all real ones have the curved holder and all the fake ones have the flat holder.

-Bri

bludwid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's a DSTT and they've put an ACEKARD sticker on it.

We import both of these products. If you buy in bulk, suppliers normally send you the cards, stickers, and packaging separately and you have to put them together. From what I can see, it's the new build DSTT because of the divot on the left side. The red "menu?" icon is also DSTT's. Acekards will have a "FAT Error" message on a black screen if you don't have the firmware on.

Either your retailer made a mistake in putting an AK2 sticker on a DSTT, which is typical if they sell these things without knowing the product, or they did it deliberately to pass it off as an AK because the latter is more expensive.

You can confirm this by downloading the latest DSTT firmware and running it. I'll put my money on it that will get the TTDS menu up.

In any case, ask for a refund. I'm not sure you would want to waste time with the retailer.

CeePhour

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.HWHQ.com
XP
Country
United States
Let me throw my two cents in here.

I have two Acekard 2.1's.
One that I purchased awhile back (black PCB, springloaded, clips).
One that arrived today (green PCB, NOT springloaded, NO clips).

The packaging looks identical (cardboard box, plastic packing).

When the BLACK one is booted without a microSD card it says, "FAT Error".
When the GREEN one is booted without a microSD card is says, "Loading".

The TTDS menu does NOT boot on the GREEN card.

I suspect it is just another slight product revision.

Chaykin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
CeePhour said:
I suspect it is just another slight product revision.
The green PCB one is a fixed 2.0 Acekard with 2.1 sticker and with new shell (the one which is used with the blue PCB), you can read about it here.

Velveteer

Trophies
XP
Country
Well the DSTTs come in White, iirc, so it may be a DSTT passed of as a Acekard or even a mislabelled cart. Again, try the DSTT Firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1