Hacking Acekard 2i Setup

MasterJunior

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I need a little help here. I downloaded ak2_416_20090404_release from their website and copied over akmenu4.nds and __ak2 to my Microsd card, its a regular card not SDHC, dont know if that matters. My DS is the old phat one.

The problem im having is that its not being read by my DS, it just blinks like theres nothing inserted. Any ideas?

Thanks

Findecanno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
forget the official release download AKAIO for here and put that on the root of your card. Also make sure your cards formatted to FAT 16 if its not a SDHC.

MasterJunior

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, ive tried both but ill give it another look. I had seen that step by step tutorial there in the other post and did just that, buy maybe its not FAT 16, just says FAT I believe, will give it a try.

EDIT: Only gives me FAT and FAT 32 format options. So guess FAT is FAT 16, will format it again anyway then maybe try it with that formatting program.

MasterJunior

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
seems 1 of the two Acekards they sent me is defective, lame..., I put the chip in the other one and it works, so im guessing one is dead...

So next list of things I want to know...

1. I downloaded AceKardManager 1.03 + AceKardMenu 1.10 + Moonshell for AK 1.4 off their site, whats this do and is it for the AK2i?

2. ak2loader.nds: Whats this for???

Thats it for now, thanks, I really appreciate it.

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There's an unspoken 1 year warranty on Acekards.
Try getting a refund/exchange, if that doesn't work, notify Team Acekard with proof that you couldn't get a refund/exchange.

MasterJunior

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I put it into the folder loader, how come when I start games a message comes up saying no alt loader??

Findecanno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MasterJunior said:
seems 1 of the two Acekards they sent me is defective, lame..., I put the chip in the other one and it works, so im guessing one is dead...

So next list of things I want to know...

1. I downloaded AceKardManager 1.03 + AceKardMenu 1.10 + Moonshell for AK 1.4 off their site, whats this do and is it for the AK2i?

Thats it for now, thanks, I really appreciate it.
Don't get moonshell from their site as it is very outdated. instead get moonshell 2. Actually dont get anything from the offical site except for the skin editor if you plan on making your own skins. everything else is worthless. Im not sure what Acekard manager is but it sounds like a program for putting files on the acekard which is unnecessary because its drag and drop. you also shouldn't need acekard menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-