Acekard 2i or iSmart Premium

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by BLBLB, Aug 15, 2011.

Aug 15, 2011

Acekard 2i or iSmart Premium by BLBLB at 9:21 PM (1,215 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. BLBLB
    OP

Newcomer BLBLB Member

United States
    Well I have narrowed down my flashcard choices to two. The Acekard 2i and the iSmart Premium. I originally had the Acekard 2i with the Actel chip, which stopped working for me after AKAIO 1.6 RC-2, but from what I understand the new Acekards are much better. Which one is the better choice? Both around the price range I am willing to pay, and I am not looking for anything fancy, just something to play my backups and run some homebrew applications. It would also encourage me to buy if the card played GBA games without a slot-2 device. I have a Dslite and am going to get a 3ds in the future. Which one do you guys think will be the best choice? Thank you ALL [​IMG]

2. RoMee

Member RoMee ??

United States
    Go with Acekard

The iSmart premium is not a good cart, and no it can not play GBA games, the iSmart MM can but not the iSmart premuim

3. BLBLB
    OP

Newcomer BLBLB Member

United States
    Can the new Acekard 2i play GBA without slot-2 device or on 3ds? Also which card do you consider as next best besides Supercard DSTwo?

4. Nathanaël

Member Nathanaël GBAtemp Regular

Nauru
    GBA support for Rç Gold is worked on. (Source)

5. RoMee

Member RoMee ??

United States
    only 3 flash cart can play GBA without the need of a slot2

1. DSTWO
    2. iSmart MM
    3. EX4i

the DSTWO is the better option

6. BLBLB
    OP

Newcomer BLBLB Member

United States
    It is just the DSTwo is $35... It is a whole $20 dollars more than Acekard 2i and I really do not need GBA anyway. The homebrew to play SNES and NES will keep me occupied for a long time lol

7. Buleste

Member Buleste Old Fart

United Kingdom
    iSmart Premium does not currently work on the latest DSi and 3DS firmware so if you are going to get a 3DS in the future then, of the two cards you have mentioned, the AceKard 2i is the best option.

8. RoMee

Member RoMee ??

United States
    I was just letting you know what flash cart can play GBA games without a slot2 flash cart.

The acekard is the best budget flash cart, the iSmart is not very good when compared to acekard

9. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    the ismart premium is a rebranded ez flash vi. it has very poor homebrew support and the kernel has many bugs. i also had contact issues with 2 carts shipped to me for testing. 2 out of 2 cards not working correctly is a bad start.

what went wrong with your acekard? is it dead or are you just not sure how to debug your problem?

the ismart mm has some good things going for it right now, such as ismart linux (which runs dingoo emulators) and software coded and updated by supercard. i read a discussion on a japanese blog lastnight about working to try to get the SFC emulator up and running on the MM. the scds2 is more polished, has a faster cpu, and can do more things (thanks to the public SDK, which i don't think is updated any longer). both are good choices and its hard to say which is better. the ds2 offers more exclusive homebrew and more options, yet the ismart mm isn't far behind. both have about the same gba compatibility even though they appear to be running different emulators. the MM does not support the game_config.txt file, from what some testing has shown me, yet things like ninja 5-0 run perfectly fine without it.

asking questions is good but you should also be reading every review you can find and then poke around on the official forums for both cards to see what features they have, what bug reports have been made, etc.

as far as scds2 vs acekard, with akaio you are going to get the best homebrew and rom compatibility. the kernel has some cool features (multiple save slots, wifi updates, ap patching, etc), all documented in the akaio wiki. scds2 has exclusive homebrew (ds2x86, atari emus, sfc emu, gba emu, mame4all emu) and features like a fuzzy cheat editor, slow motion, real time save, in-game guide, etc. the scds2 is geared more towards making a rom experience better and then offers cool features. where akaio is more about a very high rom and homebrew compatiblity without the special bells and whistles. if you want the extra stuff don't see it as $20 more. $35 is still REALLY cheap for a flash kit, especially considering everything it does out of the box.

-another world

10. BLBLB
    OP

Newcomer BLBLB Member

United States
    Nothing happened to my acekard 2i, it just still uses the Actel chip and will not run akaio above 1.6RC2, so i figured i would get one of the newer better flashcarts