AceKard 2 (2.1) Or AceKard2i

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by pugmi16, Dec 25, 2008.

Dec 25, 2008

AceKard 2 (2.1) Or AceKard2i by pugmi16 at 6:01 AM (1,071 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. pugmi16
    OP

Newcomer pugmi16 Newbie

United States
    Hello,
    Just joined the forums and what a great site... lots of activity and information here... After looking around the site for a bit I have one question... for someone who has a DS Lite... Would it be worth getting the AceKard2i? Is the compatibility with the DS Lite the same with the AceKard2i as it is with the AceKard2 (2.1) I have found a few sites which have the 2.1 version still for sale but am leaning towards the new 2i only thing holding me up was just worried about the 2i compatibility with DS Lite so thought I would ask the experts [​IMG] Look forward to your opinions and even some comments if anyone is currently running the 2i on a ds lite not dsi.

Thanks!!

2. kai445

Member kai445 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    AceKard2 (any revision) Supports DS (Fat) and DS Lite, but does NOT support the new DSi.
    AceKard2i Supports DS (Fat), DS Lite, AND supports the new DSi.

The 2i is nice if you ever plan on using a DSi. Otherwise, an AceKard2 (2.1) saves you probably $10 or so.

Both are compatible with the latest AKAIO 1.3rc1.

3. pugmi16
    OP

Newcomer pugmi16 Newbie

United States
    Excellent.... thanks for the quick reply!! I am going to go with the AceKard 2 (2.1) for now then like you said saves me 10.00 and don't plan on the dsi anytime soon... was just reading they are not in a rush to bring it to the US anyways as the DS Lite is selling quite well lol.

Thanks again!!