Hacking Acecard team slow?

lafleche

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well.... not that slow because they fixed the Nintendo 1.4.1 fw rather quick... but the loader itself is not updated very recently and now that the clean rom of Prof. Layton, Art Academy (E) and the Pokemon B&W seem to have new AP protection I do expect some sign of life.

I know that AKAIO is a better alternative but that loader has the same problems and is someone's private project on which we can't claim support (obviously)...

So again... does acekard team still work on their loader or do they give the honour to AKAIO?

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lafleche said:
Well.... not that slow because they fixed the Nintendo 1.4.1 fw rather quick... but the loader itself is not updated very recently and now that the clean rom of Prof. Layton, Art Academy (E) and the Pokemon B&W seem to have new AP protection I do expect some sign of life.

I know that AKAIO is a better alternative but that loader has the same problems and is someone's private project on which we can't claim support (obviously)...

So again... does acekard team still work on their loader or do they give the honour to AKAIO?
They leave it up to AKAIO. Its the only reason someone would want to purchase an Acekard.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
phoenixgoddess27 said:
fudgenuts64 said:
Normatt needs to update AKAIO more.

I think they update it regularly already. The latest firmware seems to work with the majority of my games, even some of the new ones.
Actually it hasn't updated since July, over 2 months ago. Not exactly regular but it's in need of an update now.
I bet Normatt's working on it, after all B/W came out, that's huge.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DarthTheufel said:
After two month of nothing it's problematic to recommend an Acekard to new users.

We really expect new loaders soon, otherwise we'd have to recommend Supercard only.
Well don't forget about Wood R4, that's been updating regularly and is fantastic really.
$13 for an R4DS, 2gb memory, and Wood R4 firmware is killer.

Clookster

Your Clookster
Banned
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
Yes, you're right. I just added it to my list while you where replying!
cool.gif

Chaosruler

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Since when Normmatt and Smiths are part of Acekard team? they don't get paid to update your flashcard nor they are obligated to, want your free 3rd party OS? wait patiently.
Can't wait? get a life, go outside, have a beer, hang with your friends, by the time you are finished I bet they will be finished as well

Note: Normmatt also finished with the pokepatchs, it has a few cheat engine issues according to Pendor, but it works, meaning he DID the job, he just want to target multiple ROMz on one update rather then doing a loader update for one lame ROM

edit: Normmatt doesn't get paid for supporting more acekard users, I bet he really don't care weather you stop recommanding acekard or not, acekard works fine for me, it updates very quickly (and not OMG ROMZ iz OUT WHATZ TAKING THEM SO LONG?!) and takes a very low battery life, that's perfect in my case therefore I will keep recommanding acekards to people who want (like you) cheap functioning flashcard that does its job, rather then $35 worth flashcards (twice the price?) because "omgz team is less slowerz", when you got your acekard, I bet you were recommanded by the users here as well, and I bet you were mentioned that it's being constantly developed by a Normmatt, who is NOT from Acekard team, if you are complaining about Acekard's own OS (offical), then yeah. it's not suprising me they gave up on it, they can't match their speed to Normmatt's, personally I am suprised how long Normmatt updated this flashcard, you werent crying this much when in March your Acekard was running Pogeymanz perfectly fine before anyone else (was it soul heart? or something) almost naturally, so don't whine now

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chaosruler said:
Since when Normmatt and Smiths are part of Acekard team? they don't get paid to update your flashcard nor they are obligated to, want your free 3rd party OS? wait patiently.
Can't wait? get a life, go outside, have a beer, hang with your friends, by the time you are finished I bet they will be finished as well

Note: Normmatt also finished with the pokepatchs, it has a few cheat engine issues according to Pendor, but it works, meaning he DID the job, he just want to target multiple ROMz on one update rather then doing a loader update for one lame ROM
Well said. Mmmmm Beer!
grog.gif

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chaosruler said:
I've seen the debug loader, he has a routine especially for these sorts of things.
Things like "FUCK THE POLICE" and "Pokéshit"

Still, it's been two months, he's fixed a crucial game, I don't think he'll wait much longer right?
Well that's what I'm hoping anyway, I'm an avid Acekard/AKAIO supporter.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Smiths said:
huh?

Norm is slow, but that's due to his down's syndrome. assholes.

I just have other learning disabilities that hamper things.

so thanks for being inconsiderate, dicks.
I had no idea. My apologies. I have OCD, it sucks.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Smiths said:
huh?

Norm is slow, but that's due to his down's syndrome. assholes.

I just have other learning disabilities that hamper things.

so thanks for being inconsiderate, dicks.
AKAIO.
Special Software by Special People.

Chaosruler

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
RupeeClock said:
Chaosruler said:
I've seen the debug loader, he has a routine especially for these sorts of things.
Things like "FUCK THE POLICE" and "Pokéshit"

Still, it's been two months, he's fixed a crucial game, I don't think he'll wait much longer right?
Well that's what I'm hoping anyway, I'm an avid Acekard/AKAIO supporter.
I think he's just testing it, like I said Pendor said something about malfunctioning cheat engine, and AKAIO's cheat engine is one of the bests, I bet he doesn't want to stain the name, also Nrommatt is not the kind of guy to release\add feautures to AKAIO that might be\always be buggy, he just won't accept it, not just that I think he's planning something ELSE, I don't know what, but I know that Normmatt is NOT lazy, he's NOT slow and you guys should be thankful for his job, personally I am

Masked Ranger

Trophies
XP
Country
johhnydaman said:
i think akaio is better and i was told that they updated very regularly but no updates in months..

QUOTE(fudgenuts64 @ Sep 20 2010, 07:13 AM) Normatt needs to update AKAIO more.

IIRC, last update was in mid-July, so technically it's been months. Two to be precise. I'm not in the inner circle, so I don't know how many betas or release candidates have been made/tested that the public don't know about.

AceKard updated/released their firmware/loaders in December 2009, April 2010 and July 2010 for release 4.21, 4.22, and the current 4.23.

AKAIO has updated/released firmware/loaders in Jan, March (twice), June and July for 1.5.1, 1.6RC1, 1.6RC2, 1.7 and the current 1.7.1.

Normmatt and Smiths don't get paid to do this job, but they kick ass doing it. When the AceKard site has "Download AKAIO 1.7 The best unofficial firmware for AK2, Ak2i, Ak rpg both. For more informations please refer to here." right below where you would download the official software, I think that speaks volumes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass