Hardware Accidentally updated new 3ds.

Dano74

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I bought a new 3ds Xl with Luna and homebrew already on it. I accidentally updated it and now when I go to turn it on, it comes up with black screen with text saying “‘failed to apply 1 FIRM patch(Es)”

What do I do? Because I have no idea.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So I bought a new 3ds Xl with Luna and homebrew already on it. I accidentally updated it and now when I go to turn it on, it comes up with black screen with text saying “‘failed to apply 1 FIRM patch(Es)”

What do I do? Because I have no idea.
Download the latest Luma boot.firm from https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases and replace the one on your SD card.

Dano74

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It doesn’t say anything about luma, it says god mode 9 and it’s v.1.2.7

Do I still do the same thing?

GilgameshArcher

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Why post that with absolutely no context or anything?:/ Simply going on the guide won't help with an already CFW-ed 3DS when the user has no idea what's actually on the system...

Cause the Guide will show him that he only needs to update Luma and to be sure update the BS too.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Cause the Guide will show him that he only needs to update Luma and to be sure update the BS too.
WHAT part of the guide though? Don't forget, he pretty much knows nothing, all you posted was the home page, good luck finding what you need if you don't even know what to look for. If he has Luma 7.0.5 or lower he's on a9lh, so he will need the a9lh to b9s page, while if he already has b9s he needs the update b9s page and so on, but since it's a pre-CFWed 3DS with OP having no idea what's actually on the system, it's not that simple, especially considering that, again, he's a first-timer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-