Accidentally Updated FW

idkjustletmepost

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello
so the title basically says it all. Trying to boot a game my Joycon drift decided it would be a good idea to update the FW. Now the switch won't boot and I get the "Failed to identify FS!" message.
I had a look at two other threads.
In one, the error message was described but I have no idea what the advice meant. Only thing I got out of that thread was trying to boot hekate and manipulating files in any way. That works. But Idk how that helps me. Beyond that I didn't understand anything.
The other thread described what happened but the advice there didn't help me either. I tried the suggested fresh install of atmo, but have no idea how. Deleted the Atmosphere folder and put in the Version I installed ~ 2 months back, including the sigpatches I had on my PC. No luck there either.
I really don't know what to do. My brother hacked my Switch in 2017 without telling me anything, and now I alwaays have to deal with something like this every time I want to use it.
Please give me advice in terms that an idiot like me can understand.

Baxton

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I did the same and updated everything and now it works but i get the error ”failed to apply ’nogc’” I can just bypass the error by pressing continue but why am I geting this error in the first place? I guess it has something to do with burnt fuses after the update?

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did the same and updated everything and now it works but i get the error ”failed to apply ’nogc’” I can just bypass the error by pressing continue but why am I geting this error in the first place? I guess it has something to do with burnt fuses after the update?
no that error is refering to patching the gamecard reader to prevent it from updating. just like how the system has a firmware. the gamecard reader has its own firmware also

Baxton

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
no that error is refering to patching the gamecard reader to prevent it from updating. just like how the system has a firmware. the gamecard reader has its own firmware also
Ok yes but why does it want to patch the gamecard reader now? And why does it not work? I have updated atmosphere, hekate and everything else and I have the newest sigpatches. Everything else works fine except that error on bootup. It all started when I accidentally updated the switch firmware and got the error OP posted 🥺

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He's old they're already roasted +1