Homebrew Accidentally stuck on 4.5.0-4U

Lightwolfe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently tried to follow a guide to downgrade to 2.1. In doing so I made a back up, or at least I thought I had, and couldn't get my N3DS upgrade past 2.1. I cart updated to 4.5.0-4U but now I'm stuck and don't really know how to upgrade past this without bricking. I also reformatted my SD Card thinking it would put me back to 11.2.0-35U but it didn't do anything besides clean off the SD Card. Any help is appreciated!

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The guide you should have been following is this guide:
https://3ds.guide

We could have helped you if you'd stayed on 2.1 but I don't really know what to tell you now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

its an o3ds correct? if so just do an official update and start over . . . if its a n3ds then you would likely brick if you do this
I think he said it was an N3DS

novren

Have a banana!
Trophies
XP
Country
If you have installed a9lh and have a backup of your original sys or emunand, you can just boot to decrypt9 or hourglass9 and restore said backup.

If you haven't done any of those things then I don't know what to tell you, you borked up dood

Edit. I think that without a backup but WITH a9lh you can just crtransfer to 9.2. I think. Check The Guide®

I'm editing again. You can but you first gotta go back to 2.1. And have you got a9lh already? Cause if you haven't that will be the moment to get it.

Last edited by novren,

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
he will not be able to load decrypt9 with the fw the last number of the fw needs to be 7 or higher before he can use the spider(browser) exploit
uh, im pretty sure it works. Some other guy did the same thing(something i should had not recommended to him) and he could load Decrypt9 from the -4 browser.

-7+ browser versions requirements are for Homebrew IIRC

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
but thats the thing they both use the same exploit (spider) in order to launch
and the limit is in the exploit not specifically homebrew
Spider is the codename for the browser....

And the Homebrew's payload relies on the console/browser version, not on the exploit.

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
This,
The exploit uses 5 different ROP chains based on the browser's version, detected using the user agent string.

• 3DS System version 2.0 = "Mozilla/5.0 (Nintendo 3DS; U; ; en) Version/1.7412.US"
  • 3DS System version 2.1-3.X = "Mozilla/5.0 (Nintendo 3DS; U; ; en) Version/1.7455.US"
  • 3DS System version 4.0-4.X = "Mozilla/5.0 (Nintendo 3DS; U; ; en) Version/1.7498.US"
  • 3DS System version 5.0-7.0 = "Mozilla/5.0 (Nintendo 3DS; U; ; en) Version/1.7552.US"
  • 3DS System version 7.1-9.2 = "Mozilla/5.0 (Nintendo 3DS; U; ; en) Version/1.7567.US"
This confirms what im trying to show you. The exploit can work on a full 2.1 firm (which I'm sure it does because theres no other way Gateway people can run their badly coded A9LH installer on 2.1), but it does work with any browser.

The ROP chains the Spider Exploit uses have codes to run on -4 browser(which is basically the 2.1 browser)

Just to let you know, i am not going to keep arguing about this. There was another guy stuck in the same way as the OP and he managed to run Decrypt9 with the -4 browser.

Last edited by Tenshi_Okami,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This,
The exploit uses 5 different ROP chains based on the browser's version, detected using the user agent string.

• 3DS System version 2.0 = "Mozilla/5.0 (Nintendo 3DS; U; ; en) Version/1.7412.US"
  • 3DS System version 2.1-3.X = "Mozilla/5.0 (Nintendo 3DS; U; ; en) Version/1.7455.US"
  • 3DS System version 4.0-4.X = "Mozilla/5.0 (Nintendo 3DS; U; ; en) Version/1.7498.US"
  • 3DS System version 5.0-7.0 = "Mozilla/5.0 (Nintendo 3DS; U; ; en) Version/1.7552.US"
  • 3DS System version 7.1-9.2 = "Mozilla/5.0 (Nintendo 3DS; U; ; en) Version/1.7567.US"
This confirms what im trying to show you. The exploit can work on a full 2.1 firm (which I'm sure it does because theres no other way Gateway people can run their badly coded A9LH installer on 2.1), but it does work with any browser.

The ROP chains the Spider Exploit uses have codes to run on -4 browser(which is basically the 2.1 browser)
well then he is lucky he only updated to 4.x as anything above would not work . . . my bad:shit:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: prime deez nuts