Hacking Accidental Update HELP!

Bornofdreamers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I using my switch last night with a few friends to play a multiplayer game. I dropped it into my dock which has a usb ethernet adapter plugged into it. When I dropped the switch in the dock and then realized the adapter was still plugged in but I quickly unplugged the adapter from the dock, the switch was maybe in the dock for a minute or so which the adapter was still plugged in. Keep in mind I have wireless disabled and no internet connections set up on this switch.

Whenever I boot up a game it always says Update is available and you have click open software instead but the default option is on the upgrade button. One of my friends accidentally hit that upgrade button on the controller while launching the game (this was after the usb ethernet adapter has already been unplugged for like 10 minutes and there should have been no internet access) and to my surprise the system said "updating" and then "update complete" I was shocked because I was like wait how did it find an internet connection? Perhaps it somehow got wireless info for the wifi through that minute or so while the usb ethernet adapter was still plugged in.

Regardless, now my switch won't boot past Hekate. I keep running hekate and then launching a payload and it goes black and nothing happens at all. I'm pretty pissed because I don't see how it managed to update still and I can't get it on to test anything or figure out how to remedy this problem. The switch certainly does not seem bricked, I mean is that even possible to brick just from an accidental update? Anyway any all help would be greatly appreciated.

Prior to this happening I was running version 7.0.1 and had everything mostly update and running smoothly offline.

Reactions: stitchxd
D

Deleted User

Ok so I using my switch last night with a few friends to play a multiplayer game. I dropped it into my dock which has a usb ethernet adapter plugged into it. When I dropped the switch in the dock and then realized the adapter was still plugged in but I quickly unplugged the adapter from the dock, the switch was maybe in the dock for a minute or so which the adapter was still plugged in. Keep in mind I have wireless disabled and no internet connections set up on this switch.

Whenever I boot up a game it always says Update is available and you have click open software instead but the default option is on the upgrade button. One of my friends accidentally hit that upgrade button on the controller while launching the game (this was after the usb ethernet adapter has already been unplugged for like 10 minutes and there should have been no internet access) and to my surprise the system said "updating" and then "update complete" I was shocked because I was like wait how did it find an internet connection? Perhaps it somehow got wireless info for the wifi through that minute or so while the usb ethernet adapter was still plugged in.

Regardless, now my switch won't boot past Hekate. I keep running hekate and then launching a payload and it goes black and nothing happens at all. I'm pretty pissed because I don't see how it managed to update still and I can't get it on to test anything or figure out how to remedy this problem. The switch certainly does not seem bricked, I mean is that even possible to brick just from an accidental update? Anyway any all help would be greatly appreciated.

Prior to this happening I was running version 7.0.1 and had everything mostly update and running smoothly offline.

Grab atmosphere-0.8.9 and you'll be back in

Bornofdreamers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok just tried what you suggested, heres what I did and the result.

System now boots up, I can access homebrew menu and run apps normally.

I cannot however boot any games, software won't launch and trying running Devmenu 6.x gives me a corruption error.

Do I need to downgrade to play my games? How do I go about getting this back to the way

Last edited by Bornofdreamers,
D

Deleted User

Downloaded the 0.8.9 fusee-primary.bin from github and dropped that in the payloads folder. Booted it up through hekate and it's giving me this message.

Fatal error: [NXBOOT1]: unable to identify package
Press power to reboot

I autoboot atmo no hekate needed

I you want to go that route though update hekate to newest

Kosmos and reinx also support 8.0x I believe

Last edited by ,

PRAGMA

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
"Whenever I boot up a game it always says Update is available and you have click open software instead but the default option is on the upgrade button"
In the future, use 90DNS to prevent this then hold - and + and then power to enter Nintendos RCM (Not to be confused with Tegras exploited RCM), from there just hold power for 12 seconds to power off, entering Nintendos RCM mode deletes the cached update for some reason, removing the annoying update popups.

To be able to boot again, just update Hekate and Atmosphere and you will be golden.
You can get back to 7.0.1 or even 7.0.0 if you have 9 burnt fuses (confirm via Hekate with "print fuses" option), if you do have 9 fuses burnt, then you can download 7.0.0 firmware (or 7.0.1) and downgrade with ChoiDujourNX :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Downloaded the 0.8.9 fusee-primary.bin from github and dropped that in the payloads folder. Booted it up through hekate and it's giving me this message.

Fatal error: [NXBOOT1]: unable to identify package
Press power to reboot
You need to download the main Atmo package, not fuse-primary, extract the .zip to root of your SD overwriting files if asked

Bornofdreamers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Whenever I boot up a game it always says Update is available and you have click open software instead but the default option is on the upgrade button"
In the future, use 90DNS to prevent this then hold - and + and then power to enter Nintendos RCM (Not to be confused with Tegras exploited RCM), from there just hold power for 12 seconds to power off, entering Nintendos RCM mode deletes the cached update for some reason, removing the annoying update popups.

To be able to boot again, just update Hekate and Atmosphere and you will be golden.
You can get back to 7.0.1 or even 7.0.0 if you have 9 burnt fuses (confirm via Hekate with "print fuses" option), if you do have 9 fuses burnt, then you can download 7.0.0 firmware (or 7.0.1) and downgrade with ChoiDujourNX :)

You need to download the main Atmo package, not fuse-primary, extract the .zip to root of your SD overwriting files if asked

Just checked my burnt fuses and it says I have 6/64, I've done updates via ChoiDujourNX but never a downgrade. Is the process the same or is anything different?

D

Deleted User

Just checked my burnt fuses and it says I have 6/64, I've done updates via ChoiDujourNX but never a downgrade. Is the process the same or is anything different?

No need to downgrade as everything works on newest 8.01

Setup atmo and done

Bornofdreamers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No need to downgrade as everything works on newest 8.01

Setup atmo and done

I already set up the latest Atmosphere as you guys instructed me too above and the games are all failing to launch. I also updated my Hekate to the latest version. I can't get any installed games to run. According to the system info, I'm on 8.0.1 + (AMS 0.8.9)

Last edited by Bornofdreamers,

Bornofdreamers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All my games are booting bud

Where did you put the patches

Figured out what the problem was and got the games to boot.

I have one more problem though for some reason though my DevMenu 6.x Definitive Edition won't work. Still says Corrupted data has been detected. Please run a check for corrupt data and then asks me to check or cancel. Should I run the check? I use the Devmenu for so many things and still want access too it. Is it broken on firmware 8.0.0+ ??

D

Deleted User

Figured out what the problem was and got the games to boot.

I have one more problem though for some reason though my DevMenu 6.x Definitive Edition won't work. Still says Corrupted data has been detected. Please run a check for corrupt data and then asks me to check or cancel. Should I run the check? I use the Devmenu for so many things and still want access too it. Is it broken on firmware 8.0.0+ ??

I use tinfoil 1.55x and goldleaf 0.5 and they work on 8.x - Never tried or needed devmenu here - I'm sure someone will help you with that.

MUDD_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Man, install Devmenu, then choose the game you can´t start, manage and then Reset RequiredVersion. I´m with some issues just like you and it solved at least one game for now. I´m trying with more but give it a try!

PRAGMA

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
If you have 6 burnt fuses, you could actually downgrade to 5.0.0-5.1.0

And yeah the process is the same :), I recommend doing the X.X.X (Exfat) option btw, as that just puts you in the clear for using exfat in the future just in case, otherwise its a whole nother story getting exfat support

Also dont bother with DevMenu its not needed, just use Goldleaf.

link42586

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cause you havent setup all way

Get the sig patches and your good to go
What he said. When getting the sd files make sure u grab the sig patches. I updated and am on the exact same thing u are fw wise and atmos..Everything works. U just need those patches. Also what payload u runnin to get those fuses? I can't remember what i'm at on those right now. Wanna look into it.

Last edited by link42586,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...