Accessing another region's eShop from NA 3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by SonikkuTheGreat, Feb 11, 2016.

1. SonikkuTheGreat
    OP

SonikkuTheGreat Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2010
    United States
    Virginia
    Can this be done on an old (pre-10.5) firmware, or would you have to be on the latest firmware, and find some way to... spoof your region, I assume?

2. Dracari

Dracari GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    at the verry minimum against alot of recommendations on fraken-FW, you need to Patch Nver/Friends Module and update the eShop then use the HANS eShop Access to get on. as for region spoofing others can help you there. (FrakenFW's create Issues for future Updates bear that in mind! Backup your EmuNAND before doing so!)

3. GalladeGuy

GalladeGuy Freeze Kirby :3

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    Sorry, this is impossible to do above version 9.2. Even if you were on 9.2 or below, its a HUGE hassle because you have to change the consoles region itself, which could be dangerous and result in a brick. If you are on 9.2 or below, just install the CIAs of the games you want. You can find them on "That ISO site". (Just search it. Its literally the first thing that comes up on Google thanks to this site. :P)

4. RayFirefist

RayFirefist Maki is love, Maki is life <3

Sep 8, 2015
    Italy
    *Error 403 Forbidden*
    I think you can only if you have decrypted your NAND but it's a bad idea working on sysNAND... It's better change region in emuNAND instead :v

5. Dr. Dew

Dr. Dew GBAtemp Regular

Oct 31, 2015
    Sudan
    Khartoum
    just buy a used japanese 3ds off ebay for cheap. I got an o3ds from Japan fully boxed in mint condition for $90 USD

6. Luglige

Luglige hiatus

Jan 24, 2016
    Antarctica
    under your bed
    Or you could be cool and have an American/Japan 2/3DS...