OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The Wii of my family has 2 tasks to do:
1. Play Wii Sports
2. Play Just Dance

Which is why it has been running these 2 games from a SD Card since a few years. No need for a bigger USB or hard drive.
Recently, I tried to put some DLC (Songs in .wad format) for Just Dance on the SD Card using the Riiconnect24Patcher script, because I had enough space on the SD Card left.

However, I only just noticed that once I launch a game from the SD card, for example Just Dance, the Wii acts like there is no SD card inserted anymore.

All the games I launch will tell me that there is no SD Card inside the Wii. (Which is obviously not true, since these games are running OFF it.)

What is the reason that the SD Card is disabled once a game is launched from it? Is it simply not possible to run a game from the SD card and access it at the same time?

cubes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Fat32 and is a normal SD Card. And it functions as it should, just not when I'm launching a game from it. Thanks for the reply

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Fat32 and is a normal SD Card. And it functions as it should, just not when I'm launching a game from it. Thanks for the reply
What backup launcher are you using? (USB Loader GX, uLoader, Wiiflow, etc.?)

EDIT: And also where did you put your DLCs of these games in your SD card?

Reactions: cubes

cubes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
CFG USB loader.

And they are in the right folder (private/wii/data/xxx/...app) -> they were put there by the RiiConnect24 script DLC installer automatically, so that shouldn't be wrong :)

The issue is that when I launch a game with from SD card, the game boots as it should but the Wii enters some kind of mode where it acts like there is no SD card inserted. Once I try to access the DLC I get errors across all games that there is no SD card inserted, so it isn't game specific.

When I leave the USB loader, the SD card functions normal and is detected when I launch the same game from a disc.

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
CFG USB loader.

And they are in the right folder (private/wii/data/xxx/...app) -> they were put there by the RiiConnect24 script DLC installer automatically, so that shouldn't be wrong :)

The issue is that when I launch a game with from SD card, the game boots as it should but the Wii enters some kind of mode where it acts like there is no SD card inserted. Once I try to access the DLC I get errors across all games that there is no SD card inserted, so it isn't game specific.

When I leave the USB loader, the SD card functions normal and is detected when I launch the same game from a disc.
For DLC, maybe you can try following this guide? Don't know if you still have the WADs of the DLCs but if you have, this guide might work for you: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1A9ycUtEHjfriP8XL2wEV4amATpRjFccdiDeZK3tZiaw/edit
This uses the wad2bin script from @DarkMatterCore.

Also, could you try launching these games but without the DLCs for see if loads without using any DLC? (Making backup of them in elsewhere, then deleting them from your SD card)

cubes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes wad2bin is what the Riiconnect script uses too. The DLC show up when I install them internally to the NAND, but there isn't enough space to install all of them.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if this is a space issue, might I suggest you use emunand? afaik, there's no limit. usb loader gx can not only make the emunand but it can also mass inject wads into it.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you could try running them the official way, which I think requires patching ios 80, but afaik, games are transferred to the nand whenever you boot one from the sd card, so you have to wait for it to transfer when you try loading it. dlc should work there as well. your method, I'm not sure, never done it.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, it would have to be wiiware or vc title I think, so nm. the official method using the sd card. if it can't read the dlc from the card, I guess it could be ios 80, but that's just a guess.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
The SD card should be accessible unless you're running sneek.

A patched system menu IOS is only really needed if playing fakesigned wiiware that has been moved to the official wii sd card menu.

Neither of those seem to be the case in this situation, so I'm not sure what's up.

Reactions: cubes and godreborn

cubes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not running sneek. I'm booting CFG loader through the Homebrew Channel, that's it. And once I launch games from the SD card the Sd slot is disabled.

Sadly I can't find an patched IOS 80 installer for the original Wii, only for vWii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr