Hacking Access PSN on jailbroken PS4

Johno20045

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

i have a jailbroken PS4 on 5.05 firmware and there are a couple of VR games I’d like to get from PSN as I can’t find them elsewhere those being The Martian VR Experience and Apollo 11 VR.

Now am i able to go to the psn store on my jail broken console and buy these games without forcing me to update the firmware on the console? I’m not fussed about getting the console banned if it happens after I buy and download these games but I worry about being forced to upgrade firmware past 5.05.

Can anyone confirm that The Martian VR experience and Apollo 11 VR will run on 5.5 firmware?

any help greatly appreciated.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

i have a jailbroken PS4 on 5.05 firmware and there are a couple of VR games I’d like to get from PSN as I can’t find them elsewhere those being The Martian VR Experience and Apollo 11 VR.

Now am i able to go to the psn store on my jail broken console and buy these games without forcing me to update the firmware on the console? I’m not fussed about getting the console banned if it happens after I buy and download these games but I worry about being forced to upgrade firmware past 5.05.

Can anyone confirm that The Martian VR experience and Apollo 11 VR will run on 5.5 firmware?

any help greatly appreciated.

No you cannot access PSN without being on a minimum of 6.50 IIRC.

I wonder if I can access PSN on testkit, grab old demos like these (providing they havent been updated to require > 5.05), downgrade to 5.05 and dump them decrypted.

Last edited by KiiWii,

MostlyUnharmful

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I wonder if I can access PSN on testkit, grab old demos like these (providing they havent been updated to require > 5.05), downgrade to 5.05 and dump them decrypted.

Considering I haven't see scene releases above 5.05 and supposing at least one of the scene group has access to a testkit, I would say that the titles installed on the internal HD are decrypted/mounted at runtime on the sandbox dir only with the proper key(s?) shipped with the required firmwares.

Also, I don't think they would let you connect to the PSN with a testkit.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Considering I haven't see scene releases above 5.05 and supposing at least one of the scene group has access to a testkit, I would say that the titles installed on the internal HD are decrypted/mounted at runtime on the sandbox dir only with the proper key(s?) shipped with the required firmwares.

Also, I don't think they would let you connect to the PSN with a testkit.

As long as the minfw required for PSN is 6.50 (6.71 still days 6.50 in the build strings) it should be possible with 6.51/6.50. Check mrniatos twitter posts to see him on testkit signed into PSN a while back.

If PSN access is available, then anything that has NOT been updated to 5.5x-6.xx should be ok to download, then downgrade, then dump.

Last edited by KiiWii,
Reactions: Sergi8

MostlyUnharmful

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
OK, PSN access with a testkit is possible, what about my other objection?

I only have a rough idea on how the security works on PS4 consoles, I know the assets are encrypted but I have absolutely no clues about the implementation details, I'm sure a lot of answers are available in the document released by flat_z tho. ^__^;

Johno75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok. Thanks for the replies but all a bit above my head.

I was hoping to download them for my son as hes fascinated by all things space and absolutely loves the Martian movie so would love the vr experience I bet. Im guessing those 2 titles aren’t available on physical disc either so looks like he will miss out.

Reactions: KiiWii

Sergi8

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
As long as the minfw required for PSN is 6.50 (6.71 still days 6.50 in the build strings) it should be possible with 6.51/6.50. Check mrniatos twitter posts to see him on testkit signed into PSN a while back.

If PSN access is available, then anything that has NOT been updated to 5.5x-6.xx should be ok to download, then downgrade, then dump.

If this is really possible
Could you dump also "Nidhogg", and maybe some other games?
Could pay you in private (since the game is not "free") to buy it on PSN

Reactions: KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OK, PSN access with a testkit is possible, what about my other objection?

I only have a rough idea on how the security works on PS4 consoles, I know the assets are encrypted but I have absolutely no clues about the implementation details, I'm sure a lot of answers are available in the document released by flat_z tho. ^__^;

Well if the title only requires 5.05 max, then grabbing on 6.51, downgrading to 5.05 and dumping would be using the right keys anyway.

If “for stability and security” a 1.01 update was issued that simply addressed the SDK it was built with to combat piracy and protect their assets; then it won’t work.

Last edited by KiiWii,

MostlyUnharmful

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well if the title only requires 5.05 max, then grabbing on 6.51, downgrading to 5.05 and dumping would be using the right keys anyway.

My interpretation is that with every new firmware revision they introduce new keys that are required to decrypt assets, so when you downgrade FW you lose the ability to decrypt/mount titles that require that FW version (not considering the case of different SDKs), but again this is my interpretation.

Anyway, you have the means, do it for science! ^__^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg