AC2 discovery work on DSTT

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by dante99, Nov 30, 2009.

Nov 30, 2009

AC2 discovery work on DSTT by dante99 at 10:25 AM (4,717 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. dante99
    OP

Newcomer dante99 Newbie

Japan
    This Clean Roms working on DSTT(YSMENU)[/
    Assassin's Creed II Discovery (U)
    Layton Kyouju to Majin no Fue (J)

- Requirement
    Unofficial DSTT Kernel V1.17a07
    YSMENU (use 1.17a07 kernel)

1. download Unofficial DSTT Kernel V1.17a07 Fix

2. extract and copy
    extinfo.dat, infolib.dat -> TTMENU directory,
    ttpatch.dat -> YSMENU directory

3. run game on YSMENU

2. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    Thanks for the post! I'm sure people will be happy to see it.

I realize this is for DSTT+YSMenu, but does anyone have an idea why this won't work on R4+YSMenu?

Normally, the game will sit at about 15% loaded for a while then fails with errcode=-4
    With the infolib.dat file in the TTMenu folder, it gets to 10% and quickly fails with Errcode=-5
    There doesn't seem to be a difference in using the included extinfo.dat/ttpatch.dat or where they are put.

3. rasputin

Member rasputin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Big thanks mate [​IMG]

4. retrogamefan

Member retrogamefan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica
    This game also works with the latest infolib.dat update from gamewiki......[​IMG]
    dsm0097.zip

Extract extinfo.dat, infolib.dat & savlib.dat & copy them to the TTMenu folder in the root of your card.

After a bit of testing, you MUST use the ttpatch.dat from the post above and place it in the YSMenu folder in the root of your card.

ONLY works when loading YSMenu. Doesn't work when loading TTMenu - loading results in Errcode=-5 in TTMenu

Unfortunately C.O.P. - The Recruit still doesn't work with this update.......Keep on using the patched version....oh well!

Hope this helps everyone [​IMG]

RetroGameFan

P.S. twiztidsinz : I don't own an R4, but do you need to rename ttpatch.dat to the R4 version : r4patch.dat? I would think but could be wrong that ttpatch.dat is for the DSTT only

5. rasputin

Member rasputin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Any hope on getting 'Wheres Wally' and 'Combat Dragons (fixed version)' working ?

both just black screen on start up; both these 2 games work on other carts.

6. twiztidsinz

United States
    You're exactly right... I needed to rename ttpatch.dat to r4patch.dat.
    However, now I instantly get a different error: "fatInitDefault error!" when I try to load any ROM.
    The solution to this problem that I cound find was to DLDI patch YSMenu.nds (_DS_MENU.DAT), but mine is already patched.
    I formatted my card, and I've deleted the old TTMENU.SYS and YSMENU.ARP so they get remade...
    I've even tried DLDI patching the tt/r4patch.dat file (doesn't work [​IMG]).

Ah well... Thanks for the help retro!

7. gillist419

Newcomer gillist419 Newbie

United States
    thanks retrogamefan, fallowed your advice and the game works.

8. twiztidsinz

United States
    FIXED IT ON THE R4!!!!!

Big thanks to retrogamefan, dante99 and 2ch for making this possible.

Download the modified infolib files here: http://www.mediafire.com/?zwmn5mm2koz
    These files are the SAME EXACT FILES you will get from 2ch's 2009/12/01 infolib file but includes an updated r4patch.dat taken from dante99's post.
    I compared the modified ttpatch.dat from dante99's post to the original ttpatch.dat from the unofficial 1.17a07 and applied the changes to the r4patch.dat from my compiled YSMenu.

[​IMG] Enjoy! [​IMG]

9. retrogamefan

Member retrogamefan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica
    I know this is off topic but in response :

The AP needs to be better worked/cracked before Where's Waldo (U) or Combat of Giants Dragons (U) will work on a DSTT. Hopefully they get added to extinfo.dat

A clean rom of Combat of Giants Dragons (U) (took some searching to find it!) will work up to the title screen with YSMenu/1.17a07 before AP kicks in and scambles the graphics & freezes the game. I can get slightly further with a converted .sav from my DSLinker (which plays the clean rom perfectly) but again AP kicks in when you go to select any playing option [​IMG] [​IMG]

RetroGameFan