Emulation  Updated

About the twilight menu

I'm trying to figure out how to put nds roms into an emulator, but I don't understand which one is needed nor how the process goes with sorting and adjusting the needed files. There is the twilightmenu, however due to the latest update in 2021 "definitely discontinued" so I'm sure that's out of the question. Is there any other emulator I can use to put an nds rom into my 2ds? And is does Luma3ds need to be working for this process?

I apologize in advance, I'm still trying to figure this out as I'm going.

Last edited by Gengangsta25,

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to figure out how to put nds roms into an emulator,
Since you have a N3DS, you can do that with TWilightMenu++.
but I don't understand which one is needed nor how the process goes with sorting and adjusting the needed files.
You just copy/ paste folders into their appropriate locations and that's it. Or you can download it from the Universal-Updater as mentioned and it will copy them for you, you just need to copy your nds roms inside sd:/roms/nds directory.
There is the twilightmenu, however due to the latest update in 2021 "definitely discontinued" so I'm sure that's out of the question.
It's not discontinued, and even if it was, that wouldn't interfere with its intended function (it'll still work)..
Is there any other emulator I can use to put an nds rom into my 2ds?
Other TWilightMenu? There's YANBF, but it's more of a forwarder for nds roms, and it might complicated for you to set up (since you are still trying to figure out how to get/use TWLMenu)..
And is does Luma3ds need to be working for this process?
Yes, you need to have CFW on your system otherwise it won't work.
is this considered the same twilightmenu++ or a different firmware?
TWilightMenu++ is a homebrew program that allows running nds backups on DSi & 3DS systems (with great performance), and like any other software, it's getting updates & fixes regularly from its creator. And you don't need to update it every other day for it to work..
Post automatically merged:

Thanks, now is this still liable for use?
You mean is it still usable nowadays? Yes, like i said, you have 2 options when it comes to playing DS games on NDSi/3DS systems (no flashcart), you can either use TWilightMenu or YANBF.
Since it was made in 2017, just to make sure cause like I said I want stay up to date with the cfw as well as any guide or tutorial that is provided.
Read my comment above.

Last edited by CoolMe,
Reactions: Gengangsta25

Gengangsta25

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since you have a N3DS, you can do that with TWilightMenu++.

You just copy/ paste folders into their appropriate locations and that's it. Or you can download it from the Universal-Updater as mentioned and it will copy them for you, you just need to copy your nds roms inside sd:/roms/nds directory.

It's not discontinued, and even if it was, that wouldn't interfere with its intended function (it'll still work)..

Other TWilightMenu? There's YANBF, but it's more of a forwarder for nds roms, and it might complicated for you to set up (since you are still trying to figure out how to get/use TWLMenu)..

Yes, you need to have CFW on your system otherwise it won't work.

TWilightMenu++ is a homebrew program that allows running nds backups on DSi & 3DS systems (with great performance), and like any other software, it's getting updates & fixes regularly from its creator. And you don't need to update it every other day for it to work..
Thank you for covering most of my concerns, while I might still be new to the process, I understand that cfw is needed for this and have followed the official 3DS hacks website to updated the firmware on my device, my question about that was if luma needed to work since that's the only firmware that doesn't seenm to work but everything else still does.

I'll be sure to follow the correct twilightmenu guide that was provided. As for the rom, I'm trying to download pokemon white version, it's in a compressed folder, do I extract the files to transfer them or is there another action that needs to be done? That way I know once I have followed necessary steps for the twilightmenu

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand that cfw is needed for this and have followed the official 3DS hacks website to updated the firmware on my device,
I take it that you don't have cfw installed on your 3ds?
my question about that was if luma needed to work since that's the only firmware that doesn't seenm to work but everything else still does.
I don't understand what you mean here.
do I extract the files to transfer them or is there another action that needs to be done?
Are you talking about the TWilightMenu++ files or your nds roms? For TWilightMenu, you need copy/paste the necessary files to their appropriate locations (like i said earlier), you can do either manually, or you download it through Universal-Updater.
As for your roms, they should be extracted, not in zip/ rars, they should be in nds format and copy them to the SD:/roms/nds directory.

Reactions: Gengangsta25

Gengangsta25

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I take it that you don't have cfw installed on your 3ds?

I don't understand what you mean here.

Are you talking about the TWilightMenu++ files or your nds roms? For TWilightMenu, you need copy/paste the necessary files to their appropriate locations (like i said earlier), you can do either manually, or you download it through Universal-Updater.
As for your roms, they should be extracted, not in zip/ rars, they should be in nds format and copy them to the SD:/roms/nds directory.

I already had the cfw installed, they were just out of date, it was a few months ago, but everything has been updated

It was a thread I made in the past, firmware like homebrew, the universal updater, etc, works on my device, it's just Luma that doesn't work

I was referring to the nds rom file, the pokemon white version, sorry for the confusion, but thank you for helping me by explaining thoroughly

Reactions: CoolMe

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
My guess they forgot when they did github page setup
GitHub doesn't allow ++ in the repo name so even if we wanted it it couldn't. TWLMenu, TWLMenu++, TWiLight, TWiLight Menu, and TWiLight Menu++ are all just various ways of referring to the exact same thing.

It's had three official names, SRLoader, DSi Menu++, and TWiLight Menu++.

There were also the related TWLoader which was a 3DS mode version that's long discontinued and the TWiLight Menu++ Updater which was discontinued when Universal-Updater became competitively convenient.

Gengangsta25

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if you updated your 3DS to the latest firmware 11.16, naturally you'd need to update Luma3DS as well (to v.11). Just replace the boot.firm file with the new one, on the root of the sdcard.
I tried to do update it but it still doesn't work, despite the Luma configuration menu showing it has the latest version. However I was able to download the twilight menu.

Last edited by Gengangsta25,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock