Sekmeth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello

I have a patched Switch (firmware 5.1) and a new xploitable one (firmware 4.1).
I have all my currently savegames on the first Switch and I would like to put them to the new.

I have read that the only way to do this is throught conecting both of them to the Nintendo servers but I am affraid that once I do this, the firmware gets updated (I don't want to update none of the Switch for this moment).

Is there any other way?

Also my second question is about where are the save games being saved when I run SX OS or Atmosphere.
At the emunand? (microSD card).
At the sysnand?

Thanks for your help.

Itsuki235

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Checkpoint can be used to transfer saves. The .nro file.

That said, 5.1 is not exploitable yet publicly so it is not yet compatible with CFW. Until an implementation goes public, the saves are not yet transferable because of that.

Here is the relevant table:
https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/user_guide/getting_started/

Expect to never be able to transfer them if you update the patched switch any further, since patched switches on the latest firmware (8.0.1+) are considered unhackable. I do not know of any group that has even stated they can run unsigned code on those yet.

Also: There is no harm in updating the unpatched switch. The odds of a cold boot exploit getting released are minimal, at least for a few years, and newer games require newer firmware. Just be sure to create a 4.1.0 nand backup first.

Last edited by Itsuki235, , Reason: as above

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
You got to wait for a solution to run homebrew on 5.1. Then use Edizon or Checkpoint to dump the saves.
There is also a solution to do it 100% without booting the firmwares to restore saves, but that require RCM that aint possible for 5.1 either as of speaking.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I could claw back 14tb by only doing 2 parity disks but I feel like with 13 disks in the RAID...