Hacking about MM being in PAL...

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright i don't know if this is the right place but...

I recently went to wiihackwii.com and said i need IOS253 or something, now TBH i am pretty stupid when it comes to technnology, but now i have a wad (or iso not sure) of a region free MM i was wondering if someone could add me to msn and help me with getting this thing working on my wii. I have a trouble reading guides because if i make a mistake then i get stuck i would really appreciate someone helping me so theyc ould questions me and ask what i will need

thanks.

Last edited by kbf,

smurphyzeke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have MSN, but if you have the HomeBrew Channel, you just need to install the wad with wad Manager.

I also wondered, I used Free The Wads for MM and installed it on my NTSC console, is it normal for there to be problems with the sound?

Zparks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually I'm having a few issues with this. Every time I try to run the game; it resets my wii.
S'far I've tried 3 different wads; so I think there might be some truth to what KBF had said. But again I'm not sure how to resolve this myself.
(Pal Wii, Pal WAD's)

Ess_uk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried to free this up using "freethewads" (followed to the letter on tut everything as it should be, including "Braveheart quote") and then install with "Waninkoko's WAD manager v1.21"

Also have IOS53 installed.

It installs to a channel in menu but just doesn't boot. Just says disk error reset wii *blah.

Running 3.2u successful downgrade from 3.3k (all menus in English)

Ess_uk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
HJBSCX said:
Is there a reason why you are using wad-manager 1.21 and not 1.3?

I guess I wasn't aware there was an updated version of the software. Thanks for the tip HJBSCX!

Anyway, I've tried a few more times (using v1.21) and got it to install to a channel and boot. This was acheived after both a "hard re-boot" (removing the powercable) and having a game loaded in the disc channel (I'm running Flatmii standalone, no drive or drive chip!!)
However, the sound is glitchy at best.

I'll do some trawling and dig up v1.3.

Fakie!

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
smurphyzeke said:
I don't have MSN, but if you have the HomeBrew Channel, you just need to install the wad with wad Manager.

I also wondered, I used Free The Wads for MM and installed it on my NTSC console, is it normal for there to be problems with the sound?

You can inject the USA version of the game and it'll work perfectly.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Zparks said:
Actually I'm having a few issues with this. Every time I try to run the game; it resets my wii.
S'far I've tried 3 different wads; so I think there might be some truth to what KBF had said. But again I'm not sure how to resolve this myself.
(Pal Wii, Pal WAD's)

odd i never had that problem fired right up for me playing it from sd card too on 4.0. pretty sure i dont have ios53.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Si :D +1