Hacking about microSD product quality

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
So, I saw an ad in front of a shop who sold a vGen microSD 1GB for $5, and 4GB at around $14

may I ask is vGen has a good quality? I need a microSD since I lost my NDS along with the microSDs

Ah, and I would like to request a list of memory brands and their quality, I can't play my DS without a mircoSD, what with I just bought an EDGE last week, it's so ironic

Sticks

Trophies
XP
Country
Err, ask in the shop? I'm assuming it's run by a person, not a robot...

Never heard of vGen though, but then again...most branded microSD(HC) cards are the same stock Sandisk/Kingston/etc use, just rebranded.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Raestloz said:
So, I saw an ad in front of a shop who sold a vGen microSD 1GB for $5, and 4GB at around $14

may I ask is vGen has a good quality? I need a microSD since I lost my NDS along with the microSDs

Ah, and I would like to request a list of memory brands and their quality, I can't play my DS without a mircoSD, what with I just bought an EDGE last week, it's so ironic

i've used japanese and taiwan branded kingstons, pny and scandisk memory for my ds flash kits. the japanese kingston has always been among the best. you can get 2gb japanese kits from dealextreme for $7.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2396

-another world

kevenka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well...any class 6 should suffice... So keep an eye out for that
smile.gif

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Sticks said:
Err, ask in the shop? I'm assuming it's run by a person, not a robot...
Yes, and for some odd reason every clerk in the world will always say "everything we sell are quality goods", that's why I need info from neutral party

Never heard of vGen though, but then again...most branded microSD(HC) cards are the same stock Sandisk/Kingston/etc use, just rebranded.

QUOTE(EmperorOfCanada @ Oct 17 2008, 09:10 PM) Im not sure you understand the meaning of the word ironic...
Well, it's ironic, I just bought an EDGE last week (10 days ago) and I lost my NDS along with microSDs 6 days ago, you don't know what happened, so yeah

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Raestloz said:
EmperorOfCanada said:
Im not sure you understand the meaning of the word ironic...
Well, it's ironic, I just bought an EDGE last week (10 days ago) and I lost my NDS along with microSDs 6 days ago, you don't know what happened, so yeah

Off-topic:
Irony = an outcome of events contrary to what was, or might have been, expected. So, what happened to you was not ironic. Period

On-topic:
Does the shop allow returns? Why not just buy it and try it out. Hell, even if they won't take returns, is $5 or $14 really that much to risk?

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
gratefulbuddy said:
Off-topic:
Irony = an outcome of events contrary to what was, or might have been, expected. So, what happened to you was not ironic. Period
expected: I just bought EDGE and 8GB microSDHC, and have downloaded Viva Pinata, Spore Creatures, and Mystery Case Files, I expected myself to play my DS cheerfully, what happened: lost my DS and all my microSD along with it, resulting in I can't even play any DS games, with a fucking new EDGE that even I have never touched. I call that irony, IDK about you

On-topic:
Does the shop allow returns? Why not just buy it and try it out. Hell, even if they won't take returns, is $5 or $14 really that much to risk?
it is, I live only with $100 a month, that's $3 a day, $5 means meal for 2 days minus breakfast, and $14 means meal for 5 days minus one breakfast, what with I have to pay fees for copying books, buying snacks, etc. So, the answer, once again, is really that much to risk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu