Hacking Question About backing up nand

Hernie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I backed up my raw nand back when hekate was around version 1.6 or so. I didn't back up my boot emmc. When in the future emuNand is released, and I choose to use my backed up clean nand, am I screwed because I didn't back up my emmc until now? Will my emmc appear to be tampered with since I've used cfw?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most likely yes. You can try using a full factory reset, using ChoiDujourNX, or waiting until the community derives a tool to remove traces from the NAND. Alternatively, make sure you are disabling eclct and blocking the GPDR URL to minimize the telemetry sent to Nintendo.

Reactions: Hernie

Hernie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most likely yes. You can try using a full factory reset, using ChoiDujourNX, or waiting until the community derives a tool to remove traces from the NAND. Alternatively, make sure you are disabling eclct and blocking the GPDR URL to minimize the telemetry sent to Nintendo.
I've been reading about people talking about blocking eclct, but not sure exactly what this is. Is that what creport accomplishes? I thought it just erases error logs. I've just been using sxos and haven't gone online since.... And no nsp's installed. And about the gdpr url, the new sxos update should block that, right?

Last edited by Hernie,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been reading about people talking about blocking eclct, but not sure exactly what this is. Is that what creport accomplishes? I thought it just erases error logs. I've just been using sxos and haven't gone online since.... And no nsp's installed. And about the gdpr url, the new sxos update should block that, right?
eclct blocks some of the telemetry sent from the Switch to Nintendo (although what exactly is not documented). Creport shifts all error reports generated from the console to the SD card so they don't accumulate in the Switch meaning they do not get sent to Nintendo. Dreport is the tool that wipes error reports however this has been depreciated and is no longer available for public download. Lastly, if you are referring to Stealth Mode, it blocks ALL Nintendo-related online URLs. Think of like a Nintendo-based Airplane Mode. While it blocks the GDPR URL, it also blocks updates, online play, eShop access, etc.

Hernie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eclct blocks some of the telemetry sent from the Switch to Nintendo (although what exactly is not documented). Creport shifts all error reports generated from the console to the SD card so they don't accumulate in the Switch meaning they do not get sent to Nintendo. Dreport is the tool that wipes error reports however this has been depreciated and is no longer available for public download. Lastly, if you are referring to Stealth Mode, it blocks ALL Nintendo-related online URLs. Think of like a Nintendo-based Airplane Mode. While it blocks the GDPR URL, it also blocks updates, online play, eShop access, etc.

So it looks like creport is build in to the newest sdfiles, does it run by default? What about eclct? Is that built in to the newest sdfiles? Not sure if I was unclear on my first post, but booted up hekate and I found that I backed up the emmc raw gpp, but not the emmc boot0/1. Not sure if that makes any difference in your answer.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it looks like creport is build in to the newest sdfiles, does it run by default? What about eclct? Is that built in to the newest sdfiles? Not sure if I was unclear on my first post, but booted up hekate and I found that I backed up the emmc raw gpp, but not the emmc boot0/1. Not sure if that makes any difference in your answer.
Creport is signified by a folder named 0100000000000036 under titles. Disabling eclct means you need a pm.kip under your sysmodules/modules folder depending on your CFW. AFAIK, nothing is written into boot0/boot1 from a telemetry point of view but it does change from firmware to firmware. Backing these up are moreso designed to recover from a brick than prevent a ban.

Hernie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Creport is signified by a folder named 0100000000000036 under titles. Disabling eclct means you need a pm.kip under your sysmodules/modules folder depending on your CFW. AFAIK, nothing is written into boot0/boot1 from a telemetry point of view but it does change from firmware to firmware. Backing these up are moreso designed to recover from a brick than prevent a ban.
Thanks. That's what I was hoping for. Also, do you know if anything has changed as far as the way the nand backup was done in say hekate v1.6 compared to a more recent version? Or is it exactly the same back up tool?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. That's what I was hoping for. Also, do you know if anything has changed as far as the way the nand backup was done in say hekate v1.6 compared to a more recent version? Or is it exactly the same back up tool?
The actual backup process shouldn't have changed (outside of faster dumping speeds) but the verification process didn't quite work on the earlier versions so its possible your backup is no good but the only way to know that is by restoring it and see if it bricks the console.

Hernie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The actual backup process shouldn't have changed (outside of faster dumping speeds) but the verification process didn't quite work on the earlier versions so its possible your backup is no good but the only way to know that is by restoring it and see if it bricks the console.
I hope you're kidding, I think I might have seen a way to verify it, no?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope you're kidding
Well for the most part, I'm not. See if you make a NAND backup now, it'll differ from the one you made on version 1.6 so you can't even verify if its good or not without actually testing it out (hence why you would make a second backup in case the first one is defunct ;))

Hernie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well for the most part, I'm not. See if you make a NAND backup now, it'll differ from the one you made on version 1.6 so you can't even verify if its good or not without actually testing it out (hence why you would make a second backup in case the first one is defunct ;))
Will do! I'm just bummed that my new backup will shows signs of tempering.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will do! I'm just bummed that my new backup will shows signs of tempering.
Well if it turns out your old backup won't brick the console, then you can use it to avoid getting banned. But the problem is you can only do so by actually restoring it hence why I recommend you make a new one in case it gets bricked.

Hernie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if it turns out your old backup won't brick the console, then you can use it to avoid getting banned. But the problem is you can only do so by actually restoring it hence why I recommend you make a new one in case it gets bricked.
Thanks! BTW, thanks for all your help, I really do appreciate it.

Reactions: Draxzelex

KHEOPS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Bonjour à tous
Hello everyone
I have some questions that ask me problem
1 / I am french on gba temp and I use google trad it's a problem here?
2 / I bought the nintendo switch in July 2018, she came with firmware 5.1.0
3 / I have a clean dun nand rawnand.bin about 29go
forgot to dump the boot0 and boot1
4 / sxOSpro jig dongle, xci game, nsp install, always in airplane mode, except for the exfat update, I went through the update exfat nintendo maj on official firmware without dongle, then handed airplane mode played at xci and nsp on sdcard
5 / what tool to restore my nand before testing the online?
6 / sxos the lowest version is 1.4 and I'm still flying from the hack, and update version 1.6 sxos (stealth), so if I restore my own nand, and unfortunately the boot0 and boot 1 we were dumped after having played at homebrew, xci but from what i read here, this should not affect the boot0 and boot1 except in case of auto rcm this well that? the only risk I have (this is the exfat update in official Nintendo firmware) so if I restore my own nand, and my boot that should not be corrupted, all downloaded NSP mistletoe v4 (public key) then gdrive xci and nsp, if I am ban or superban it would be really unlucky lol
thanks to you gbatemp because in France the forums are of a level so low, that it is depressing ....

Last edited by KHEOPS,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.