Able To Install Games Through NUSD?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Christopho, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Feb 1, 2010
  1. Christopho
    OP

Member Christopho GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hey anyone know if it's possible to install games through the NUS Downloader? Because I'm looking at the "Database..." tab on the top right (I was bored XP) and then I scrolled down to Virtual Console>Nintendo 64>Mario Kart 64 and I was wondering if it would be possible to download that wad then install it. Would I still need the Nintendo 64 emulator? Huh....I just thought that this might be against the rules since I'm requesting a game in a way.....oh wells =P

Thanks in Advance~

2. nitrostemp

Member nitrostemp GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    you need the ticket for the program to build the wad, even if you have the ticket it wouldn't build it for me

3. Christopho
    OP

United States
    Hypothetically if I got this ticket, would I be able to install the channel without any emulators from Nintendo? In this case, would I need the Nintendo 64 emulator if I got the ticket for mario kart?

4. Dees_Troy

Newcomer Dees_Troy Newbie

United States
    My understanding is that the wad file includes its own dedicated N64 (or whatever console) emulator specifically for the game in question.

Some people have created tools to inject a different game rom into the wad and use Nintendo's VC emulator. It doesn't work for all games since the VC emulator is designed for the games Nintendo has released and may not fully emulate every function of the console.

5. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    Don't use NUS Downloader for Piracy
    Unless you want them to shut it down

6. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    I can say this much... it is possible using a different unreleased program by a dev that wishes to remain anonymous (but u do need decrypted keys for each specific game for it to work)...

why its not released you ask? TJ said it best.
    I'm not going to say anymore on the subject, I just wanted to add my 2 cents that is it in fact possible (but I don't have anything to prove, so don't ask for proof that such a program exists and works)

7. Christopho
    OP

United States
    Yeah I know there's an app that can run 64 roms and crap, I just wanted to know if you can download it through NUSD, just to make it easier on me. Guess not....

Thanks anyway~

8. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    i'm not talking about wii64 (aka "an app that can run 64 roms and crap"), i'm not an idiot and i know what i said, maybe u should re-read it. I said an UNRELEASED PROGRAM, in other words, there are literally 3 people that know of it (maybe a couple more).

The title of the thread is "Able To Install Games Through NUSD?" and I started by saying "it is possible using a different unreleased program"... by unreleased program, i wasn't referring to Wii64

9. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    lol, xflak40 is right.

protip from a mod: read more carefully [​IMG]

I'm gonna close this anyway because it's pretty borderline with the rules.

Adios!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.