Hacking A9LH & B9S on the same system?

fyredragon

whats a gbatemp
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey everyone. Lately I have been thinking. I was wondering if I could have a 3DS system with boot9strap on the SysNAND. All's normal. But what if there was a way that you could set up an EmuNAND environment to use the outdated Arm9loaderhax? I know people are going to say stuff like "oh that's stupid" and "just have a sysnand and nothing else". But I do understand that the Arm9loaderhax project is abandoned and is no longer being maintained. Now, back to the dual booting. I think the big obstacle is actually installing A9LH on the system without overwriting boot9strap. Does anyone have any ideas for this?

P.S id prefer hate to not be here. Thx.

arm6gaming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as far as i understand, it wouldn't be a good outcome (because a9lh and b9s are bootloaders i think) but it would be cool trying it???? unsure about a lot of this so my answer is ind of uncertain

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, only one can be installed to the system at a time. If you really want to use legacy arm9loaderhax payloads, you need an extra tool to load them.

fyredragon

whats a gbatemp
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, only one can be installed to the system at a time. If you really want to use legacy arm9loaderhax payloads, you need an extra tool to load them.
All right, thanks.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

as far as i understand, it wouldn't be a good outcome (because a9lh and b9s are bootloaders i think) but it would be cool trying it???? unsure about a lot of this so my answer is ind of uncertain
Yeah, it would be cool! :D

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im pretty sure that any way you look at it. You can only have one or the other for a single console. So I dont think this would ever work.

Whats yer thinking on why you would want this?

fyredragon

whats a gbatemp
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im pretty sure that any way you look at it. You can only have one or the other for a single console. So I dont think this would ever work.

Whats yer thinking on why you would want this?
I was wanting to do this to try and compare the boot times between b9s and a9lh and see the differences in the two exploits

Out of curiosity, what is it you want to be able to do with A9LH that you cannot do with B9S?
Mainly just to see if it could work and maybe proof of concept?

arm6gaming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wanting to do this to try and compare the boot times between b9s and a9lh and see the differences in the two exploits

Mainly just to see if it could work and maybe proof of concept?
if you wanted to compare boot times, install b9s and a9lh on separate consoles

Reactions: Lacius

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/