A9HL Help on Part 3 - Section V

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by gst0, Sep 19, 2016.

1. gst0
    OP

gst0 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 20, 2015
    Canada
    Going through the guide right now to install a9hl, however, in "Section IV - Restoring the System" I did the "follow Move RedNAND" step as want to moving my previous gateway emunand.

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(arm9loaderhax)

Once I finished "follow Move RedNAND" part the guide said to "Continue from Part 3 - arm9loaderhax - Section V - Injecting FBI", which I did sucessufully, however, on the last step "9. Press (Start) to reboot" my 3ds reboots to a black screen. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to reboot to as I have no idea where are these options that "Section VI" is already mentioning.

I'm afraid I made a mistake and I was supposed to do all the steps in "Section IV - Restoring the System" in addition to the steps in "follow Move RedNAND", however, I thought I should skip the steps in "Section IV" since the guide tells you to continue on straight to "Section V" by the end of "follow Move RedNAND".

I have already tried the troubleshooting page but no idea on what to do, some of the steps suggested in the Troubleshoot page works (I can get the config screen of luma when deleting the config.bin and I can also launch Hourglass9 by pressing start on boot) however I'm lost and a bit worried since not sure where to pick up.

Any help would be highly appreciated :)

2. wolven9

wolven9 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 23, 2010
    United States
    The end of the world
    Did you delete the Menu's extdata?

3. osm70

osm70 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 17, 2011
    Czech Republic
    Skipping section IV is correct. I have no idea what went wrong. Maybe it wasn't restored correctly. Try again. (And then inject FBI again.) If it still doesn't work, just do Section IV instead. You will lose your emunand, but it will work.

4. gst0
    OP

gst0 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 20, 2015
    Canada
    Thanks for the fast response,

Didn't delete Home Menu's exdata as I skip all the steps in "Section IV" and did the steps in "Move RedNAND" instead.

I have tried re-doing "Section IV" but when I try "3. Select "SysNAND Restore (keep a9lh)" I get an error "SysNAND Restore (Keep a9lh): failed!" in red color letters.

5. osm70

Apr 17, 2011
    Czech Republic
    Try this.

Hold select on boot. Luma config appears. Remove the SD card and press start. Tell me if it boots.

6. gst0
    OP

gst0 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 20, 2015
    Canada
    No boot, just freezes, Same thing happened on Section III but the guide said freeze was OK and just to force shutdown and continue.

7. osm70

Apr 17, 2011
    Czech Republic
    Well, I don't think I can help you. Sorry

8. gst0
    OP

gst0 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 20, 2015
    Canada
    Thanks for the help anyway :), hopefully someone can help me solve this. Ill try to redo some steps but not sure how far back can I go without fearing to break it permanently (hopefully its not bricked already)

9. gst0
    OP

gst0 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 20, 2015
    Canada
    So after retracing back my steps carefully I manage to re-do "Move RedNAND" (ignoring the main Section IV steps). Had to copy NAND_emu.bin back into the SD card and re flash it to SysNAND. It does look like it was restored incorrectly just as osm70 suggested. Re-flashing emuNAND fixed everything.
    Leaving my solution here just in case.
    Thanks for you help!

wolven9 likes this.