• Replies 238
  • Likes 2

teentitans14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded the newest one 1.5.1 and all the other files. When I open it up I check NO on cheats and then I go to Firmware Replacement and then browse to the other 2 files. When I click start it says done but there are only 2 green bars lit up. Am I doing something wrong?

Chaz.

Trophies
XP
Country
Just tried it, worked very well and very quickly, BUT I still get the same UNSUPPORTED DLDI NAME ERROR!

CAN SOMEBODY HELP PLEASE I'M FED UP OF DOING ALL THIS CRAPPY WORK FOR ONE FLASHCART AND NONE OF IT EVER FRIGGING WORKING!!!!! My laptop is full of R4 stuff that doesnt work so this could be helpful if somebody can help!

nikkonik3597

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why does the generator say that its "done" at two bars????
----------------
EDIT:
oh i see what i did wrong.......you need to put the ysmenuXXXXXXXXXX.zip and the infolib.dat it the same folder as the generator!!!!!!!

nikkonik3597

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, new problem...it doesnt start in my N5 flashcart.......it just stays in the loading screen...anyone know how to fix this?

a2h

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
nikkonik3597 said:
okay, new problem...it doesnt start in my N5 flashcart.......it just stays in the loading screen...anyone know how to fix this?
Read the instructions.

THIS IS POTENTIALLY THE SOLUTION FOR THE CURRENT BUG
QUOTE(nikkonik3597 @ Sep 30 2009, 02:46 PM) oh i see what i did wrong.......you need to put the ysmenuXXXXXXXXXX.zip and the infolib.dat it the same folder as the generator!!!!!!!

I am doing my best to find a solution!

Thank you for your patience!

a2h

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
mehmet said:
Whenever i try launch any of my games with YSMenu it gives me that message.
Can you try out nikkonik3597's solution in the first post and tell me if it works out for you?

mehmet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
BTW, Im using a Nintendo DS Lite with a R4i from R4ultra.com
All I have is the original kernel from the r4ultra website.
The YSMenu generated files
And My Roms.

When i open my ds it goes to the original r4 screen , from there i select YSMenu
and then i go into my games folder to select a game which ends up with the "Unsupported DLDI Name" Message.

Posts merged

Yeah I did, It generated 2 files one being TT Menu folder and the other YSMenu.nds.
I put them into my micro sd along with my original kernel and games.

a2h

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
mehmet said:
BTW, Im using a Nintendo DS Lite with a R4i from R4ultra.com
All I have is the original kernel from the r4ultra website.
The YSMenu generated files
And My Roms.

When i open my ds it goes to the original r4 screen , from there i select YSMenu
and then i go into my games folder to select a game which ends up with the "Unsupported DLDI Name" Message.

Posts merged

Yeah I did, It generated 2 files one being TT Menu folder and the other YSMenu.nds.
I put them into my micro sd along with my original kernel and games.
The R4i is unsupported if you are using "Firmware replacement". This goes for YSMenu in general.

mehmet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I didnt select firmware replacement, I selected the last one (Forgot what it was).
I can play the games by going straight to them, but if i select YSMenu then select the game it gives me that message. So i dont think its a problem with the firmware..

a2h

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
mehmet said:
I didnt select firmware replacement, I selected the last one (Forgot what it was).
I can play the games by going straight to them, but if i select YSMenu then select the game it gives me that message. So i dont think its a problem with the firmware..
That would be "Through filebrowser".

In this event I'm no longer sure what's causing your problem, but just be aware my program is written mainly for original R4 and M3 Simply users.

mehmet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thats odd
frown.gif
If anyone knows where i can get replacement firmware for a r4i please tell me!~
Oh

a2h

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If you have the time, please download this, replacing the original files from 1.5.1 and try and see if you can successfully build a YSMenu package without ysmenu and infolib.dat being contained within the same folder as the program or the program's YSMenu folder! Report back with whether it works or not! Thanks!
smile.gif

a2h

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chaz. said:
Just tried it, worked very well and very quickly, BUT I still get the same UNSUPPORTED DLDI NAME ERROR!

CAN SOMEBODY HELP PLEASE I'M FED UP OF DOING ALL THIS CRAPPY WORK FOR ONE FLASHCART AND NONE OF IT EVER FRIGGING WORKING!!!!! My laptop is full of R4 stuff that doesnt work so this could be helpful if somebody can help!
Are you absolutely sure you are running an R4, not an R4i/R4 upgrade/R4SDHC/R4Ultra/N5/R4SUPERAWEOMSE!!!

mehmet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
a2h to be honest i dont think much people have the original r4 card, There are now like 10x as many clones then the original. So you may want to try find a fix for the "Unsupported DLDI Name Error" bug/
Just a suggestion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    $60 for a game that's a decade old might be unheard of on PC but actually is not uncommon on consoles
    +1
    especially Nintendo because they only ever lower the price of games when they do a greatest hits/platinum hits/players choice re-release
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, and the HD collections released for 7th gen consoles too
    but they don't seem to have done any of those for the switch yet and maybe never will
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    I think we all forgot breath of the wild released for the wii u tbh
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, tbh the HD collections are more justified since they include more than just 1 game per copy
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ I read that non-binary people identify as a blend of male and female. The point is i think i'm a blend of those and thus non binary
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Non-binary people are those who don't identify themselves exclusively as male or female.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I don't identify as anything, unless I need to get on a plane then I show ID
    +3
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    👈 [homo, queer, fag, coksuqr, etc......]
    +3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I meant that I read that they can also identify as what i mentioned
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I identify as Long Rod Johnson, cause a cat called me that once.
    +2
    [takes a 👀 in your pants] Liar :angry:
    +3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, and thus that would make me non binary since i feel like a blend of both male and female
    +1
    @Xdqwerty only time will tell, what/whom you are. At 14, its a bit early to "Define" yourself. :)
    +3
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I only recently have learned who I am and how much I am capable of and I'm 50 lol
    +3
    A thousand epiphanies and unbelievable pain and growth.
    +2
    I wish I could sum it up for children to understand but it truly takes living a lifetime of learning
    +2
    It's more than knowledge it's understanding
    +1
    Both are required
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, ask chatgpt or Google gémini to summarize it
    Lol summarize life's lessons
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My wifey tells me all the time "You need to grow the fuck up." Which I don't understand, cause I'm full grown already.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, she means grow more
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, she means grow more +1