Homebrew A theory about ROM hacking...

br3compactor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
From what I've heard, seen and tested, HANS doesn't load the updates when booting a game. For example, my Y couldn't connect to the GTS by booting through HANS (message said it needed the most recent update, which it had).

In that case, is it REALLY needed to delete updates to run ROMHacks through HANS? In theory, doesn't it bypass them, anyway?

I need the opinion from you guys, and people who can confirm this is correct (or incorrect).

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updates(Patches) overwrite the romfs content.

Since HANS doesn't load the patches, your effective 'version' is not the online compatible one.

If you were 1337, you would just decrypt the code from the latest patch, replace all the file redirect references and copy over the updated romfs files before rebuilding. ez internet connecting :)

Last edited by Kaphotics,

br3compactor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Updates overwrite content after hans redirects to them. Code, romfs, doesn't matter. Deleting patches allows your redirected files to load properly.

That's the exact point... the updates aren't loaded when the game is ran through HANS.

Since you'd only be playing the hacked game when running through HANS, there doesn't seem to be an issue (at least in theory)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs