OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Aruba
I have SX OS v2.9.2 and Switch firmware 9.0.1

I cannot get Witcher to run.

I have tried both the EUR version, installing an XCI (SX OS lets me do that without issue) and the 3.6 NSP game update. It all installs corretly, but when I try to run it, it says "A system update is required in order to use this software".

I uninstalled ("Settings -> Data management -> Software" and deleted it) and installed a USA version of the game, both base and update NSP files. Installed fine, same message. "System update required".

Please, what else can I try, what am I not seeing? I have for example used much newer games like animal crossing without issue.

(sorry if this is not the correct forum to ask this, just arrived here)

Last edited by Diegan,

Diegan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Aruba
the 3.6 update requires 9.1.0
update your firmware.
Wow....

I was expecting insults, not such a clear answer.

Unluckily I bought this switch so I really dont know how to do that haha.

Quick question, if you are on the mood:

- Can I upgrade to any firmware I want, or just the last one?
- 9.1.0 needs another version of SX OS, or the one I have is fine?
- Most important: updating both firmware and sx os, does it have a chance of making my oher games not usable?

Thanks

Reactions: andyhappypants

Z3nZ3s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I have SX OS v2.9.2 and Switch firmware 9.0.1

I cannot get Witcher to run.

I have tried both the EUR version, installing an XCI (SX OS lets me do that without issue) and the 3.6 NSP game update. It all installs corretly, but when I try to run it, it says "A system update is required in order to use this software".

I uninstalled ("Settings -> Data management -> Software" and deleted it) and installed a USA version of the game, both base and update NSP files. Installed fine, same message. "System update required".

Please, what else can I try, what am I not seeing? I have for example used much newer games like animal crossing without issue.

(sorry if this is not the correct forum to ask this, just arrived here)

You must update your switch FW and CFW. Here is a guide ( ) for atmosphere 0.12.0 I don't know about SX as I don't use it.

fatherjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Diegan

- Can I upgrade to any firmware I want, or just the last one?
Yes, take your pick, but bear in mind which SXOS your gonna need for compatibility

- 9.1.0 needs another version of SX OS, or the one I have is fine?
You would need 2.9.3 beta at least for 9.1.0 - why not just update to latest SXOS

- Most important: updating both firmware and sx os, does it have a chance of making my oher games not usable?
NO, done properly (with choidujourNX) it should be fine.

Diegan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Aruba
Wow... thanks guys, I am really humbled, one expects to arrive to a new tech forum and be received with much flak and bottles thrown.

I have 3 more questions:

1 - I read during my quest to learn some more, that latest SX OS was giving trouble with auto RCM. I bought this switch with SX pro, with the usbC dongle and the other little trinket you put in the right controller bay. I actually left my dongle "charging" for more than I should and now it does not work. So every time I need to remove my SD or if the switch dies, it has auto rcm so I get it all back up with the little gadget inserted in the controller bauy + with TegraRcmGUI and injecting a .bin file.

Long explanation to ask, if this latest SX OS is having reports of this kind of issues (also I heard some games were not working) why would I go to latest version, is there not any other stable verson thats not the very latest?

2 - Another road I have been checking is, instead of upgrade, why not downgrade the version eed of the XCI and NSP for the game itself, with NSC builder? Is that also a possible avenue with the Witcher and my current setup, even if eventually I NEED to learn how to properly upgrade everything?

3 - Is there any good current video guide to update SX OS? Their forum is not the greatest...

Cheers mates and again, thanks for the warmth.

Last edited by Diegan,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 - Another road I have been checking is, instead of upgrade, why not downgrade the version eed of the XCI and NSP for the game itself, with NSC builder? Is that also a possible avenue with the Witcher and my current setup, even if eventually I NEED to learn how to properly upgrade everything?
Games and game updates will require newer Switch updates because they use newer software development kits. You can do things like bypass the soft version requirement or remove newer keys, but that doesn't change that some games and updates will definitely need newer Switch system updates.

In other words, if you want to be able to play newer games as they come out, it is required that you learn how to update your system and CFW. Updating your system is easy with ChoiDujourNX, and updating your CFW usually just requires you to replace the CFW files on your SD card.

Reactions: Jayro

x3n0

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You can open you're dongle and replace the 2 capacitors with new ones. It wil work again after that. Do not charge it more than 10 to 15 seconds right before use.

Diegan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Aruba
Thanks to all for the help. Wanted to close the subject by confirming that I finally tried and succeeded to lowering the game version requirements (very small step down, from 9.1 to 9.0.1) and it works perfectly.

I will in the near future update to the most stable current firmware :)

Last edited by Diegan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1