Hacking A strange brick~anyone help

dominantsoul

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3.2u brick which shows nothing but a black screen when I turn it on....

chipset installed and I can use Savemiifrii to load rescue menu and run autoboot disks

I modified a autoboot disc to run AnyReignChanger 1.1bM5 Offline and success and seems to setup a new system or sort of...

But, still I got the BlackScreen
wacko.gif

I picked SystemMenu-v289.wad and IOS30-64-v1040.wad from a sort of BrickFixing disc and setup them up with WadManager..

But, still the BlackScreen
wacko.gif

I'm not that quite clear about IOS cIOS or sort of that...
..and I bricked a wii by uninstalling a systemmenuXXX.wad right before I set it up...

any wise guide ,free me of the BlackScreen
wacko.gif

Thanks in advance~

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
...and I bricked a wii by uninstalling a systemmenuXXX.wad right before I set it up...
That sucks, big time. As you've learned, never uninstall system menus. Let's hope we can unbrick your new wii.

First, see about making/modifying an autoboot disc to run HackMii Installer. Use it to install Bootmii as boot2, and make a backup, even while bricked. Too much protection never hurts...

Did you by any chance install a VC or wiiware wad or some other channel wad? You might be banner bricked. If you did, uninstall it with an autoboot wad manager disc. From experience, you know not to remove system menus.

Also, did you at any point uninstall a system menu on this wii, even if you immediately reinstalled it?

dominantsoul

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great thanks for your guide~~
laugh.gif

I'll try making a HackMii Installer Disk and I doubt about that backing my nand up while it's like this ...

I DID NOT know what bad wad installed before for I bought this "rescue-menu accessable" mother board and combined it with my former DVD drive and other things from the old wii...
I can make sure that everything works well...then Is there a way to know what wads installed and to uninstall ?

For your 3rd advise, I'm not sure to uninstall and reinstall a systemXXX.wad will brick...
unsure.gif

idklol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can get BootMii installed but you can't unbrick your Wii, you can try using Betwiin to make a suitable NAND backup for your Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Kaden maybe contact the staff? I don't know how all that works