Hacking A stable softmod for wii 4.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

nintendoom

Nintendoom
OP
Trophies
XP
Im gonna update me wii from 4.2 to 4.3 because i cant get to my wii settings. all i see is black screen no
sound and if you hold the wii remotes power button the wii remote will die and you need to re-plug the wii
again.So... im attempting for an update but me problem is i cant find a step by step tutorial on how to softmod it.
I tried youtube videos, but all i see is ssbb hack which needs to be controlled using the gc controller. And i saw another one
but it uses the indiana something.. which i dont have. so yeah.. I need somekind of Bannerbomb like hack where you
just put your sd and poof, here comes the instructions and install babla yada..
some thing like that

nintendoom

Nintendoom
OP
Trophies
XP
SherlockHolmeboy said:
Just reinstall 4.2 using DOP-Mii or a wad using WAD Manager. Updating isn't needed at all.
can that DOP-Mii brick my wii?, or can i just use the wad manager instead.
whats more brickless?
If the wad is more less
can i have the name of the wad
and uhmm.. will i lose my downloaded channels, homebrew channel, my black wii theme, saves and other materials like save files blabla

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it really that easy? I'm about to softmod a wii for a buddy of mine, he has 4.3. SO, I'm just looking for someone who's SURE, because I don't want to fuck up my friends shit, haha.
smile.gif

If I do the following:

1 - Use SmashStack to run Dop-Mii
2 - Use Dop-Mii to downgrade to Sys. Menu 4.2

Will it actually work? Or is it really not that simple. I recall seeing a thread where it's much more complicated to downgrade the system menu or to patch 4.3 or whatever, and I'm just posting this 'cause I'm wondering if someone here is absolutely sure if it's really that easy or not.

nintendoom

Nintendoom
OP
Trophies
XP
sonknuck23 said:
Is it really that easy? I'm about to softmod a wii for a buddy of mine, he has 4.3. SO, I'm just looking for someone who's SURE, because I don't want to fuck up my friends shit, haha.
smile.gif

If I do the following:

Will it actually work? Or is it really not that simple. I recall seeing a thread where it's much more complicated to downgrade the system menu or to patch 4.3 or whatever, and I'm just posting this 'cause I'm wondering if someone here is absolutely sure if it's really that easy or not.
I dont know, thats why im asking...
------------------------------------------
Whats he wad name for wii system 4.2, if i install that will i start at the beginning meaning, i lose my bootmii priiloader dvdx homebrw channel and install it again
????

mvgc3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get NUS Downloader to get the System menu wad. Remember to check "Pack as .wad" (I'm paraphrasing, it might different, but will be similar to that)

You shouldn't have to reinstall anything. But don't quote me on that.

bugaveli

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pokeman said:
im attempting for an update but me problem is i cant find a step by step tutorial on how to softmod it.
I tried youtube videos, but all i see is ssbb hack which needs to be controlled using the gc controller. And i saw another one
but it uses the indiana something.. which i dont have. so yeah.. I need somekind of Bannerbomb like hack where you
just put your sd and poof, here comes the instructions and install babla yada..
some thing like that

well you sure didnt look very hard since its on the main page, bannerbomb doenst work on 4.3 so babla yada to you. Read before posting.

nintendoom

Nintendoom
OP
Trophies
XP
once i Reinstall 4.2 again, If im bricked, can i load priiloader and just reload my nand.
And what will happen if i reload my nand, will my wii saves loss or will my channels get loss

icecold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sonknuck23 said:
smile.gif

If I do the following:

NO!

Follow the guides or you will have a brick.

nintendoom

Nintendoom
OP
Trophies
XP
oh yeah, i've got my wii ready and im ready for installation but...
i see this at the nusd
--- System Menu ---

The System Menu is a critical part of the Wii boot sequence, and failure to install a proper WAD, failure to install its corresponding IOS module, and many other factors can cause a brick. The only safe way to mess with the System Menu is with BootMii boot2 installed.
Starting NUS Download. Please be patient!
Grabbing tmd.481...
Grabbing cetk...
Searching for certs...
- Cert CA-CP Located!
- Cert CA Located!
- Cert CA-XS Located!
Requires: IOS70
Content #: 9
-------------------------------
It requires IOS70?, well the ios 70 i got was the one when i softmod my wii, by using this instructions and it says that
"c) Do the same for IOS70patched.wad. Make Sure the action is Set to INSTALL!"
which means im in patched70 right?
is my patched diffrent from the ios 70 required?
so i was kinda nervous... reinstalling 4.2

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Installing the 4.2 WAD will work fine seeing as you clearly already have IOS70 or else your current 4.2 wouldn't work at all. Considering you couldn't work that out, I pity your Wii.

Anyway, reinstalling 4.2 will clear your theme, but you will not lose channels, HBC or saves. You will load priiloader, and if it fails, wont be able to recover with priiloader. Unless you have bootmii/boot2, you wont be able to recover.

But it is very unlikely to fail, as it only takes a few seconds AFAIK to install the System Menu, and you'd have to lose power during that for a brick to occur.

But before you rush off to reinstall the SM, I just want to check: Have you changed the System Menu IOS in Priiloader? Because if so, that may well be the problem. (If you don't understand the question, you didn't change it, and you need to reinstall SM).

nintendoom

Nintendoom
OP
Trophies
XP
SifJar said:
Installing the 4.2 WAD will work fine seeing as you clearly already have IOS70 or else your current 4.2 wouldn't work at all. Considering you couldn't work that out, I pity your Wii.

Anyway, reinstalling 4.2 will clear your theme, but you will not lose channels, HBC or saves. You will load priiloader, and if it fails, wont be able to recover with priiloader. Unless you have bootmii/boot2, you wont be able to recover.

But it is very unlikely to fail, as it only takes a few seconds AFAIK to install the System Menu, and you'd have to lose power during that for a brick to occur.

But before you rush off to reinstall the SM, I just want to check: Have you changed the System Menu IOS in Priiloader? Because if so, that may well be the problem. (If you don't understand the question, you didn't change it, and you need to reinstall SM).
Yeah, thanks...........
It works but one thing i loose...
Its priloader..........
Gonna reinstallit again
THANKS ANYWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eric345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait u can't install CIOS on the black wii and get the brick protection (indina jones)

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Of course you can install Custom IOS on a Black Wii.

What you cannot do, is install bootmii as boot2. Same as any White Wii made in the last 18 months.

So you MUST install Priiloader to at least give you some protection, and bootmii as IOS and make a NAND Dump, for what its worth.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone