1. ofDragons

OP ofDragons GBAtemp Regular

United States
    My modded Nintendo Switch wasn't loading my game (that's a cartridge) so I decided to go back into regular mode and delete it/redownload it because that fixed it last time. The thing is though, it won't connect to the internet anymore, is it banned?

2. RHOPKINS13

RHOPKINS13 Geek

United States
    You've given us almost no background information about how your Switch is modded. What do you mean by "regular" mode?

Were you using SX OS, and by "regular mode" do you mean just switching between CFW and stock? Or do you have an EmuMMC setup?

You haven't even given us the error code, which would tell us whether or not it was banned.

If you've been going online in CFW mode, or with pirated NSPs installed, you're very likely banned.

BaamAlex likes this.
  3. BaamAlex

BaamAlex CVE-2018-6242

Germany
    If your console is banned, you would get an error screen which says that your console is restricted by nintendo.

4. ofDragons

United States
    Yeah sorry my friend modded it for me so it's all very confusing for me. Yes I've been online during CFW, but it was only for 10 minutes because it was a mistake- and its happened a few times, but only for about a minute or two.

The strange part is that it wouldn't connect to the internet in stock, but when I booted in CFW it connected to the internet, so I'm just re-downloading my game real quick so I can boot it.

5. BaamAlex

BaamAlex CVE-2018-6242

Germany
    Doesn't matter how long you were online with cfw. You are likely banned.

6. ofDragons

United States
    I just re-downloaded the game though so I don't believe I'm banned, but the thing that's been causing a lot of issues is when I inject a new save file via Checkpoint- everytime I restore a save my game doesn't boot (cartridge game) and I have to redownload it and all

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Also are there any measures that I can do to restore a Switch after its been banned if that does happen? Like in the 3DS days?

7. BaamAlex

BaamAlex CVE-2018-6242

Germany
    Did you use an emummc?

8. ofDragons

United States
    Where can I check that? Like I said my friend did this for me, so I'm all very new- I need to start learning this myself lol

9. BaamAlex

BaamAlex CVE-2018-6242

Germany
    Atmosphere has an indicator for it. But we doesn't know which cfw your friend uses.

No. A ban is permanent.

10. ofDragons

United States
    So even if I go online during CFW for a second, I'm likely to get banned in the future that simple? Or do you have to be online for hours and hours to get flagged? Also, how can I fix the issue when I'm restoring saves via Checkpoint?

11. BaamAlex

BaamAlex CVE-2018-6242

Germany
    You should never go online with cfw dude. So, again, which cfw do you use? SX OS? Atmosphère? ReiNX?

Like i said, it doesn't matter. Nintendo can see if you modify your system.

More infos mate. Which error code do you get? What happens if you try to connect to the internet? Is incognito_rcm in use? Ask your friend.

12. ofDragons

United States
    I use Atmosphere- don't know exactly what the error code is because I'm not getting it anymore, but I'll respond to this thread once it happens again. Also, if I get banned, can I still play offline and trade Pokemon locally? That's basically all I do with this Switch anyway

13. BaamAlex

BaamAlex CVE-2018-6242

Germany
    Then you should have an indicator in your system settings. Open settings - System - Firmware Version. Under the installed Firmware Version should be an S or E. If there is a S (for Sysnand) you're screwed. That means, your console was with cfw online. That in turn means, you're already flagged, obviously, likely. E is obviously for emuMMC or Emunand. And this nand should be always offline.

14. ofDragons

United States
    Yeah it says S, so what should I do? What do you mean I'm screwed?

Edit: Going AFK for about 30-40 minutes, will be back

Last edited by ofDragons, Jun 23, 2020
  15. BaamAlex

BaamAlex CVE-2018-6242

Germany
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nothing. Except to wait for your ban.

That's what @RHOPKINS13 and i already said, or wrote. "If you've been going online in CFW mode, or with pirated NSPs installed, you're very likely banned."

16. ofDragons

United States
    Ah damn, but the thing is I went online like 3 months ago and still haven't gotten banned- why is it taking so long?

17. BaamAlex

BaamAlex CVE-2018-6242

Germany
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I don't know. I don't work for nintendo.

18. ofDragons

United States
    Hmmmm, so are there other people with S in their firmware? Is there truly nothing I can do besides wait? Are there new developments in hacking coming to play soon?

19. BaamAlex

BaamAlex CVE-2018-6242

Germany
    CFW shouldn't be used in sysnand.

You can use the online functionality as long as you are not banned atm. Otherwise, no.

What do you mean?

20. ofDragons

United States
    What is sysnand again? Also, can I at least play offline and do local Pokemon trades and such if I'm banned?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - communication, Occured, Server