A Request for Help.

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by ClikC, Aug 27, 2009.

Aug 27, 2009

A Request for Help. by ClikC at 5:58 PM (624 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. ClikC
    OP

Newcomer ClikC Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hey all, I'm new here and in the great spirt of newbies, I'm here because I need help. I have been googling, and searching the forum but the threads i'm finding don't seam to have my problem. Been attempting to follow any step by steps I come across, but the issue is still the same.

Okay so what I'm trying to do this this; Copy the .sav from my Japanese Pokemon Platinum game cartridge, so I can transfer it to work with the ROM on my CycloDS or with an Emulator.

I'm running a CycloDS with firm ware 1.54. EZflash 3in1 (3in1Pls), GBA Exploder v0.58b and NDS Backup Tool (3in1) v0.31.

Okay so the issue is, from the instructions and guides I've googled for, I've not exactly had brilliant results. Basically all say use the GBA Exploder to install the NDS Backup Tool.nds and .ini on the 3in1. However, I cannot seam to view the files of applications or my .nds roms on my cyclo, when using GBA Exploder, thus cannot install as it were. Booting the backup tool from my Cyclo results in the error message "3in1 expansion pack not found".

I'm really sorry to have to ask for help like this, I know how annoying it is for regulars on a forum to be bombarded with questions easily answered through use of google. But I really haven't had any luck with searching, but apologies if I have indeed missed the answer being on site.

Matt

2. Chrono_Tata

Member Chrono_Tata GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Thailand
    Well, first off, you don't have to "install" the backup tool using GBAExploader or anything. You just need to put the .nds file into your card and load it up from the Cyclo menu.

But I think your problem is that the latest version so far (0.31) of the Backup tool doesn't actually support the 3-in-1 Plus. Someone seems to have written a patch for the programme that makes it support the Plus. I've never tried it myself since I don't have a Plus but you can check it out here.

http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showthread.php?p=103461

3. ClikC
    OP

Newcomer ClikC Newbie

United Kingdom

Thankyou so much!

Worked perfectly first time!