A question about the cios.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Ryeno, Mar 9, 2009.

Mar 9, 2009

A question about the cios. by Ryeno at 1:03 AM (863 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Ryeno
    OP

Newcomer Ryeno Member

United States
    Alright so i installed homebrew channel on my wii with the twilight hack. Now i read that i need to patch my ios to use the wii backup loader. Now thats not a problem for me but microsoft banned my first 360(first ban wave) and i dont want to repeat that mistake with my new wii. Eventually i want to go online and play online games (when mh3 wii comes out in america).

So my question is simple, after i patch my ios, it is possible to unpatch it? If so what app can i use?

2. jargus

Member jargus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You can reinstall your ios. There's no need to really. Nintendo can't ban you from online. They have no way of detecting the mods.

3. Ryeno
    OP

Newcomer Ryeno Member

United States
    Thats what people said about microsoft and then bam ban.

Anyways can you tell me what program i use backup my stuff before i mod my wii?

4. Gunfreak11

Member Gunfreak11 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    IIRC, you can use a program called nand dumper to copy the entire contents of the nand over wi-fi to your pc. Thats the best backup utility imo.

Btw, if you dont know, NAND is basically a hard drive, but uses flash memory, as you would expect from a usb drive. [​IMG]

5. micahkanchan

Member micahkanchan GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Lol..bam ban. But seriously they can't detect you. If they could they wouldve already blocked us from shop channel and such but the only thing they can do is check which system version we have and work from there. And BTW microsoft can't detect modded 360's anymore with updated firmwares. [​IMG]

6. Ryeno
    OP

Newcomer Ryeno Member

United States
    Replace wii channel with xbl and thats what they said about microsoft before they figured out a way to ban people.

7. jargus

Member jargus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    The Wii does not have a database for banning consoles nor the ability to implement. If Nintendo starting banning ppl, they would first have to build a completely new style system menu. Something like NXE but more crucial to everyday operations.

Basically, Nintendo doesn't have a way of to ban Wiis. They can only prevent you from starting some games or channels, which is usually overcome within a few days a the patch's discovery. Their security is nowhere near as complex as Microsoft. If you can play the game, then Nintendo can do nothing unless you update.