A Question about Platinum

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by 8BitWalugi, May 30, 2009.

1. 8BitWalugi
    OP

8BitWalugi Taiyohhhhhh!

Mar 22, 2008
    Side 7
    Okay, knowing how the Pal Park works, I didn't want to lose my Pokemon in Sapphire Version. So, I rom dumped my game & save using Rudolph's Backup tool and set them to the NOR of my EZ Flash 3-in-1.

Only Problem is that it wont detect the game. I know that you need the National Dex to migrate, so i tested with my friends Pearl version. It didn't detect the slot 2 either.

So, im wondering if there is a patch or something that'll allow me to use a ROM game in my NOR memory of my Slot 2 with a real copy of PKMN Platinum.

Not sure if this is the right section to post this in.

2. Raqib12

Raqib12 GBAtemp Regular

May 6, 2007
    United States
    I'm pretty sure you can do it via GBAExpLoader. Just make sure you use a clean Sapphire ROM, and you're good.

3. 8BitWalugi
    OP

8BitWalugi Taiyohhhhhh!

Mar 22, 2008
    Side 7
    I dumped the game myself, doesn't that mean its clean?

4. thedicemaster

thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Apr 26, 2008
    Netherlands
    you'll need to patch the DS game.

good luck getting that done with an original cartridge.

5. 8BitWalugi
    OP

8BitWalugi Taiyohhhhhh!

Mar 22, 2008
    Side 7
    DAMN! Well, is there a GBA patch? OR! another thing i was thinking about was backing up my save, migrating, then restoring the backup. Is there a chance that this could reset my game? Because thats the worst case...

6. Eon-Rider

Eon-Rider GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 15, 2008
    No. The only thing the patch does is it allows the DS game to be able to read the NOR of the EZ 3-in1.

7. 8BitWalugi
    OP

8BitWalugi Taiyohhhhhh!

Mar 22, 2008
    Side 7
    Damn. So the only way i can keep my pokemon is through the emerald cloning glitch or backing up and restoring my savedata.