GCN A problem with Metroid Prime for GameCube.

hshamsedin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lesotho
Hi everyone!

So I wanna ask a question about Metroid Prime on the GameCube. I've been trying to obtain a save file for it that has both the NES Metroid game and the Fusion Suit unlocked. On GameFAQs I found a save that has those two unlocked but also Gallery 1. I'd like to be able to get rid of the gallery so that I can unlock it myself haha. Been trying to hex-edit the save file for 2 days straight to try to locate the parts that correspond to only Gallery 1. I've come close to figuring out those spots but it's just such a mess that I gave up haha.

I wanna ask you about hooking up VBA-M to Dolphin to unlock Metroid NES and the Fusion Suit using a completed save file for Metroid Fusion. Whenever I get to the actual linking part, it always says 'Data Link Failed' or something to that effect. Both games are the same region and I know that you need Fusion to be finished, so I have all of the required files. Can anyone help me figure this out please? Or maybe someone can provide a save file with just NES Metroid unlocked for me to inspect in a hex-editor and compare with another save file maybe.

Thanks!!

hshamsedin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lesotho
Yeah, I've tried those as well and I just couldn't get them to work haha. I'd also rather have a proper save file with them actually unlocked just for the sake of having it. I don't know what's up with Dolphin not being able to see Metroid Fusion's completed save data. The link cable feature worked for Wind Waker with the Tingle Tuner, so I dunno what's going on with Metroid.

hshamsedin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lesotho
Wait, I have a new question. Do cheat codes unlock stuff only temporarily or do they stay forever after you save the game?

tomberyx

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Metroid Fusion Connection Bonuses & Hard Mode Unlocked
Press Z + X

P0BW-434Z-H5RZG
8UJD-67MX-T7VJ3
3HRY-Y3DK-4EH9R

Play NES Metroid
Press L + X at Bonus Screen
Press L + Y Before Quitting

NJNJ-CY3J-5YDWX
UGYV-E8FF-9J26B
2YV6-8GBZ-GNW28
BZ6V-B86T-E4MHT
TBM9-UEKM-4FBFN

Maybe it works for you

hshamsedin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lesotho
Oh, alright then. I'm sad to say that those codes didn't work. I also tried other ones and still nothing. Maybe I'm just not doing it right haha. Is there no way somebody can unlock those two for me and give me their save file?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Or maybe I can figure out this GBA link issue with someone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto