Homebrew A noob asking for help.

Alexmo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so Im new here I made this account just for this but that's besides the point. I really need a guide to install freeshop along with that homebrew software on a 3ds with a firmware of 11.5 I've looked at past threads and it all seems confusing so can someone just explain it to me. Also can you state the risk of using this like how often my system could get bricked or corrupted and maybe banned? This all sounds silly but u Just need help.

Skeagle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So im not really sure exactly what you're saying, but if you want homebrew on 11.5, download flipnotehax and install flipnote from the 3ds eshop.

But it also sounds like you want freeshop, which will require you to get custom firmware. In that case, follow 3ds.guide. this guide tells you how to decrease the risk of being banned as well. As for bricking, don't worry about that too much. As long as you follow the instructions from the guide, you shouldn't get a brick.

Last edited by Skeagle,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so Im new here I made this account just for this but that's besides the point. I really need a guide to install freeshop along with that homebrew software on a 3ds with a firmware of 11.5 I've looked at past threads and it all seems confusing so can someone just explain it to me. Also can you state the risk of using this like how often my system could get bricked or corrupted and maybe banned? This all sounds silly but u Just need help.
As stated you need custome firmware to use freeshop. On your firmware you have 3 options:
*Hardmod
*NTRBootHaX (requires a compatible flashcard)
* DSiWare Transfer (Requires another hacked 2DS/3DS console)

I'd suggest buying an R4i Gold RTS. They are about $20 and will let you install CFW as well as play DS ROMS later if you want.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So im not really sure exactly what you're saying, but if you want homebrew on 11.5, download flipnotehax and install flipnote from the 3ds eshop.

But it also sounds like you want freeshop, which will require you to get custom firmware. In that case, follow 3ds.guide. this guide tells you how to decrease the risk of being banned as well. As for bricking, don't worry about that too much. As long as you follow the instructions from the guide, you shouldn't get a brick.
Flipnote will not work for homebrew unless he already downloaded it prior to the 11.6 update.

Reactions: Majickhat55

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them