Hacking A new way to unbrick?

PTKnight13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A few weeks ago, I bricked my Wii by installing a bad wad causing it to be "Banner bricked" I got a modchip (Drivekey) to attempt to autoboot wadmanager discs and such on 4.0 FW which was updated through Nintendo's official update (causing it to fix Trucha signed bug) but couldn't autoboot discs even in recovery mode (Pressing all 4 Dpad on GC control). So there was no way for me to access my Wii menu or autoboot trucha signed discs, HOWEVER I was able to make game ISO autobootable, so for a temporarly solution, I was able to play games only by autobooting on the health warning menu. Just today, I came across something interesting that MIGHT (not 100% sure) be able to fix this, a friend of mine brought his Wii over so I could do some testing on it, I was able to boot up a wadmanager directly from the SD Card by going on the Wii options>Data management>Channels>SD Card. This allowed me to boot up wadmanager from the SD card, I got inspiration from this http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/ all I did was extract the files from aad1f_v108.zip into my SD card and place the wadmanager.dol into the root of my SD card and renamed it boot.dol

What I was thinking is, would there be a game that can possibly let you access your Wii options? One thing I thought about was to maybe fill up the Wii's memory so a game would send me to the data management options and then I could boot from there. Anyone has any thoughts on this? I dunno if as soon as I would open the Data management Channels, it would freeze my Wii as soon as it sees the bad wad on the Channel memory, if it doesn't freeze, I guess you could remove the bad wad from the Data management Channel options.

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a pity you cannot auto boot gamecube games, they definately would try to send you to the memory mangement screen.

Senbonzaku101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand what you are trying to accomplish. Are you trying to boot a .dol like Bannerbomb?

If you can autoboot ISOs, perhaps you can follow the 4.0 linked here under Note:.

If the 4.0 solution listed isn't possible, but loading other Wii game ISO's is possible, I assume the Super Smash Brothers Brawl exploit by comex would help when it's released.

PTKnight13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah I'm trying to boot .dol like bannerbomb directly from the SD card and I also already tried out the link you just gave me but sadly that didn't do the trick~ I'm still curious about this Brawl hack though.

Rosetta06

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOW! Holy crap, I am no expert but next time you want help try to give something somebody can read because my eyes are now dogfood.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you can still launch SSBB, then do not update your Wii and wait for the SSBB exploit release. With that you should be able to run code, which means running WAD Manager, AnyTitleDeleter or whatever you need.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.