Homebrew A New {Sm4sh custom music tutorial} approaches!

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,409
  • Replies 3

Did this help you?

• Yes

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No; drinking bleach would have been preferable to this tutorial.

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
D

Deleted User

OP
To begin I would like to say how odd I find it that there are not many (if any) tutorials as to how to put custom music into Sm4sh. While there are plenty of people showing off their already modded games, there are hardly any that actually show how they accomplished such an amazing feat. I also want to make it clear that I am in no way a great tutorial maker, I just get the basics out there without any "frills".

The first thing that you need to do is acquire dumped and decrypted Sm4sh files. You can either use braindump or you can just decrypt and extract a .cia/.3ds file of Sm4sh. I am not going to go into detail as to how to do this as there are hundreds of tutorials out there on how to do so.

Once this is done you need to acquire the new songs that you want to be in your game. They need to be NUS3BANK files. You can find them on the smashcustommusic website. You can download them pre-named to overwrite the current stage song names, but I would not recommend doing this because it makes it harder to use the same song again in the future and it also makes it hard to keep track of your songs. Do note that at this point all we can do is overwrite existing songs; not directly add new tracks to the game. Once you get all of the songs you want to be in your game use make a new folder and make a copy of the songs into it. Then use the tool I made to give the songs the proper names so they will overwrite the existing songs. Once you have renamed every song you need to copy all of the renamed song files into the extracted "romfs/sound/bgm/" folder and then when it asks you if you want to overwrite the current files click yes.

At this point the songs are replaced, all that is left to do is either rebuild and install the new .cia/.3ds OR set up the romfs and exefs to work with hans. If you choose to build a .cia I can confirm that you can play online if you have the most recent update for Sm4sh.

Here is a video version of this tutorial.

It has no sound and it is only meant to accompany this guide. The end half of the video is an example of rebuilding a .cia file with the new music; and yes it is possible to play online if you use the .cia version. I will link to the tools I used to build it but I will not link to the xorpads needed for the .3ds to .cia converter. For those consult one of the hundreds of tutorials out there on how to get them. Do note that I only edited one song in the video. You can do more, I just only did one for the sake of this being a tutorial.

I am sorry if this tutorial does not make much sense as it is my first real guide for anything like this, hopefully I will get better with more practice. If anybody has any recommendations for making this tutorial any better please pm me and I will attempt to incorporate your recommendations.

Attachments

• Sm4sh_NUS3BANK_TOOL.zip
    5.2 KB · Views: 324
Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Online was free on the 3DS as well, and it worked well.
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a gameboy/n64/gamecube
    mini classic edition
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i think it would have been impossible to see anything in a gameboy mini
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    well I meant that as a figure of speech
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could just rerelease a modern gameboy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    like the pocket analogue
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    but nintendo licensed
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Aeiou backwards