Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A new NESDS has been released by a (seemingly) new developer intending to re-code the emu to be open-source, and that's just what it is.

Emu here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/nesds/files/

It seems that he has also added support for cheats
smile.gif

Recorderdude

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Schlupi said:
Woah. Where did you find this? Who made it?

And the biggest question... Does Earthbound Zero work on it?

Haven't had a chance to test it yet. But I will. Oh, I WILL. I'll have to test it on my SLOT2 for now so I'm not sure if it'll boot but I'll defenetely see what's changed when I get mah DSTWO.

Saw the news on EmuCR (they're pretty much a site that relies on the community to cite new releases of emus) and got it right away, while simultaneously posting it to bigger sites.

The guy making it appears to call himself "huminghao".

.Chris

Clueless
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Schlupi said:
Aww fuckbeans. Earth Bound still does not work... but Cheats I still have to test. what type of cheat file is needed? I'll try to figure it out.
darn it. i was really looking forward to playing Earth Bound.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Well... it appears that there are no gameplay changes at all. I tested several problem titles (TMNT 2, Earthbound, Zelda 2) and they do not show any changes.

Any other ones people are welcome to try -- but it seems as if cheat support is the only new addition.

Also, Since it is open source now (be thankful) people can work on compatibility.
happy.gif

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoboticBuddy said:
Schlupi said:
Aww fuckbeans. Earth Bound still does not work... but Cheats I still have to test. what type of cheat file is needed? I'll try to figure it out.

then start the game on an nes emulator on a computer, get past the name entry screens, save at the telephone and then put the *.sav on your card like a normal NES .sav. just don't use savestates.

Schlupi

Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Shabutie78 said:
RoboticBuddy said:
Schlupi said:

then start the game on an nes emulator on a computer, get past the name entry screens, save at the telephone and then put the *.sav on your card like a normal NES .sav. just don't use savestates.

That works? I swore I tried that before with my old version of NESDS and it did not work. Ill try again.

Recorderdude

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think cheat function might mean game genie (that was the only one around during the days of NES, right?) so it may be a matter of it appearing or not, so I suggest trying nesDS_cheat.NDS on the Sourceforge page instead of the NesDS.nds, if you weren't already.

Probly can't run any extensive tests on this tonight. Hell, it took six months of trial and error just to get the OLD NESDS to run on my ancient cart (which is the main reason I'm replacing it)

So ya, look for Game-genie or something, I guess.

Schlupi

Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
personuser said:
I think cheat function might mean game genie (that was the only one around during the days of NES, right?) so it may be a matter of it appearing or not, so I suggest trying nesDS_cheat.NDS on the Sourceforge page instead of the NesDS.nds, if you weren't already.

Probly can't run any extensive tests on this tonight. Hell, it took six months of trial and error just to get the OLD NESDS to run on my ancient cart (which is the main reason I'm replacing it)

So ya, look for Game-genie or something, I guess.

I'll be sure to give that a try then.

cruznik71450

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Schlupi said:
Shabutie78 said:
RoboticBuddy said:
Schlupi said:

That works? I swore I tried that before with my old version of NESDS and it did not work. Ill try again.
I played through the whole game doing this. Works great.

Schlupi

Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
cruznik71450 said:
Schlupi said:
Shabutie78 said:
RoboticBuddy said:
Schlupi said:

I played through the whole game doing this. Works great.

You're right! Sweeeeet. People should know about this! I will tell them. Thanks for the info.

@ Yuan -- Yeah, like I said, it does not seem game compatibility has increased. Just cheats now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: strip checkers > nude chess